PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous what is required for minolta di 351 to print using windos 7

Custom Search

tmaze01
12-10-2011, 09:13 AM
hi
i have this minolta di 351 prints ok using windows xp but not windows 7
tried loading universal driver, but it doesnt seem to work can someone
tell me what the problem is? Will it work using windows 7?

any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Hansoon
12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
The XP driver will work as long its a W7-32bit environment. W7-64 will not.

You might try if "Windows Update" offers a suitable driver too. Search under "Minolta" not KonicaMinolta for Di351 or Pi-3502. The latter is the controller used for your Di-351. The "Universal-Driver" (why they made that crap btw?) is for Emperon equipped machines only.

Hans

Shadow
12-10-2011, 01:55 PM
windows update does not have a driver for this machine, and get away from the universal driver. The universal drivers that Konica Minolta put out are crap, go find the correct driver for your machine. if there is a Vista driver on the list, it will work better than the XP driver.

tmaze01
12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
windows update does not have a driver for this machine, and get away from the universal driver. The universal drivers that Konica Minolta put out are crap, go find the correct driver for your machine. if there is a Vista driver on the list, it will work better than the XP driver. thanks guys for replying back, if your talking about the print driver labeled 3502 that was installed, is that the original and only driver that is for the di 351 if not do they have a 64 bit for another di machine that will allow to print?

again i appreciate you guys help

Hansoon
12-10-2011, 03:41 PM
There are no Vista or W7 drivers for this machine. However there is a XP-64bit driver here:

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: Pi3502 / File Type: Drivers / Operating System: Windows XP 64-Bit (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=342&filetypeid=0&osid=13)

Worth a try perhaps.

Hans

tmaze01
12-10-2011, 03:52 PM
There are no Vista or W7 drivers for this machine. However there is a XP-64bit driver here:

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: Pi3502 / File Type: Drivers / Operating System: Windows XP 64-Bit (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=342&filetypeid=0&osid=13)

Worth a try perhaps.

Hans great, thank you

EarthKmTech
12-10-2011, 10:14 PM
A long time ago, I got one of these machines working in a windows 7 environment by simply finding and using another windows supplied PCL printer driver for some other manufacturer. Cant remember what it was but it did the trick.

(customer didnt care about duplexing or tray selection) so the fact that it just printed OK was good enough.. Obviously anything other than simply printing wont work with the incorrect driver..

Custom Search