PDA

View Full Version : C6500 dev problem (and 45-20)

Custom Search

dagoof
12-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Was wondering if anyone could help me out, have been having a problem primarily with my cyan (though it's there to a lesser extent on black too). See attached scan - I'd vac'd out the mylar on the dev unit, cleaned the corona wires/grids and laser windows. The drums/devs are around 80%, though the coronas are about 120%. I've managed to get a good tech but he's not going to be able to see me for a few days and need the machine running meanwhile.

Whilst cleaning the cyan dev of fibres I accidentally reverse wound the roller (which I seem to recall discharges it?). I put it back in and ran a few copies - it was pretty much the same as before but running. I then did auto-gamma/reg adjust but it's giving a 45-20 now.

I suspect this isn't belt walk or anything to do with the reg assy but specifically to do with the dev. Is there anything I can do to get it running again before I can get the tech over or is the dev screwed?

SCHWARZ
12-13-2011, 02:40 AM
try check the 1st transfer Cyan.

dagoof
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Schwarz, the transfer roller seems ok though - another clean & re-seat of drums, dev and t-belt and the single colour cyan page is coming out better but I can't get past this 45-20.

And, to make matters worse, the c500 I've been using (in case of emergency backup) has just come out of 'sleep' mode and given me a 45-03 I can't get rid of (tried re-seating sensor reg and doing a reg adjust)...and no reply from my tech! :(

JustManuals
12-13-2011, 11:21 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

dagoof
12-13-2011, 11:34 PM
:rolleyes:

sakura
12-14-2011, 01:16 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

What a "smart" idea to post your ad here. People are asking for advice not for your stupid commercials.

12-14-2011, 01:27 AM
If you have not fissed problem yet. Try to switch drums around , then switch devs but cover dev holes. That will steer you in right direction.:o

Itsthepaper
12-14-2011, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure if I understand? Your a Senior Tech but your waiting for a good tech to come in a couple days?? HUH??

If your not a tech stop what your doing, your only going to create a bigger problem. Your cyan halftone looks like your developer and developer unit may need to be swapped if it ran more than it's expected life of 600,000. If a 45-20 code came up after you took it apart the process unit then double check everything is in correctly and if that's ok then ask your tech to bring out a new belt becuase you probably dented it going in and out of the process unit. Oh please be careful with vacumm cleaners around these machine. Ask your tech to also bring out a new atdc sensor for the cyan developer unit you vacuumed, you killed it after vacumming. Sorry Bud, not much you could do without parts or knowledge with the equiptment your working on.

The only thing I have my key operators perform is a corona swap and THAT"S IT!!

Follow up let me know what your tech did to fix the problems, Thanks

dagoof
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Sakura, glad I'm not alone!

27842 - thanks, I'd considered switching the devs (had read about it, was just a little apprehensive!). Just cover the holes and good to go?

Itsthepaper - no, sorry, end-user (that's just the forum appointed title). I can't get contract cover on my machine and Konica tech's are like hen's teeth around here so I'm forced to be a little more hands on than I'd like (I know my way around the process unit relatively well though). I've finally found a good tech but I'm bottom of the list so it's going to be a few days at least. Having said that, it was the tech that said to vac it, it's just the mylar strip underneath though, not the dev roller itself.

inutelkamo
12-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Good day..

C 4520 is a color registration problem.

And as i see your scanned image, it seem your having problem with the developing unit of cyan..
Try to change it with new developer plus transfer belt..

If drum units are swapped already..

Hope this help..

12-16-2011, 02:53 AM
80% on Drums and Devs and 120% on coronas i would do a full PM, order a color Developer unit just in case for cyan problem. Its most likely that the cyan problem is causing the E45-20 color registration problem, looking at the picture. Do a full PM Drums and devs also A 200K PM kit if due. Make sure to swap one of the color units like magenta where the cyan unit was and plug dev holes or leave toner supply door open and cheat door, that will tell you if you have a bad developer unit or not if the problem follows the cyan developer unit.Again if developer unit is ok, look at the easist first, charge coronas, Drums so on, or even cyan transfer belt roller. Let us know how it turns out.:o

habik
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
What a "smart" idea to post your ad here. People are asking for advice not for your stupid commercials.

One day you will be very pleased to buy one of his manuals as you may not be able to source it elsewhere. Days are tough and I think he has the right to help his own way. Paul is not scamming, which I respect a lot. He plugs him self where he thinks its necessary.

dagoof
12-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I bare no ill-will to Paul, but he should at least read some of the posts before advertising - some of them are blatantly by techs who have manuals or even specifically mention pages from the manuals yet, bam, there it is on every other thread!

Thanks again for the advice, gonna try to get a few hours with the machine over the weekend.

The KM Man
12-17-2011, 04:33 PM
C-4520 Color registration correction
aborted.
Printer control board (PRCB)
Color registration sensor/Fr
(PS8)
Color registration sensor/Rr
(PS9)
Check to see if the Transfer belt is tracking straight, and that the Color registration sensors PS-8 and PS 9 are clean, And yes it could be the Cyan Developer unit and or the Drum potential sensor has been popped by the vacuuming,

mrwho
12-19-2011, 05:10 PM
If you haven't already, swap the cyan drum with another color.

Next, swap the cyan developing unit with another color, covering the toner entrance holes with tape and run a couple of tests before putting it all back, just to confirm that it is indeed a developer problem.

Sorry for the red underline bold remark, but if you fail to do this, say goodbye to two developer units, and don't come screaming to me. If you don't feel confortable, just don't.

Good luck!

dagoof
12-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, managed to squeeze in a few hours today - swapped C/M drums around (no luck), then swapped the same devs (no joy either). Then put a new transfer belt on, still no joy - the cyan test sheet was a lot better than before too, only minor bleaching in 2 corners :confused:

12-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Dagoof after reading your last post iam not to sure what you are saying.You swapped devs- did the magenta copy look bad, if bad copy quality, cyan transfer roller could be bad.And the cyan copy when swapped did it look better if no cyan developer unit on its way out. Good luck:rolleyes:

dagoof
12-22-2011, 11:24 AM
To be honest, I hadn't run the different colour tests, just swapped the devs back when it 45-20'd again - I'll try and run more tests today. Are there any other indications on how to tell if the Cyan transfer roller is bad?

12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Best way to tell, is swap with other color roller, some times the rollers could be out of its socket or bad terminal connection. i know its a pain taking apart transfer unit after putting in new transfer belt. Run solid copies on all colors in test mode and also black at 150% , if the cyan copy is the only color thats bad, Has to be related to the cyan, drum, corona, dev unit, cyan tranfer roller, sometimes bias board but not likely or maybe Drum drive motor . If the customer is a print shop and still having problems with code 45-20 do full PM the copier youre working on needs it anyway. IF error 45-20 prevents you from trouble shooting you can disable color registration by software switch 25 bit 3 to 1 and bit 4 to 0 hope this works. When fixed, bit switches should be put back to original settings. :rolleyes:

dagoof
12-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks 27842, you've been really helpful. Will experiment further when I get the chance and let you know how it goes!

Custom Search