PDA

View Full Version : Mac Driver dropping settings

Custom Search

JC4x4
12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Daft question time!

I have a problem with the Mac driver on the 10.6 / 7 operating systems.

The customer is using a C360 machine, on the latest up-to-date firmware, and has just started to use user authentication. The device is working correctly, but the print driver on the Mac's is not holding onto the Authentication settings, eventhough the tick box to save the setting is ticked.
I have checked out a coupple of other user machines and these are also dropping the settings.

Any ideas??

Cheers,
JC

DallasTech
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
You need to set all your print driver options and then save them as a "Preset". The default preset is Standard, which you cannot change (I haven't figured out how). You could use the Last Used Settings, but when you open up a new program it could go back to Standard. Just set all your User Auth options and save a preset, tell the user to make sure that preset is selected before they print. If they don't like having to do that extra step, tell them to buy a Windows PC. :D

JC4x4
12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Magic,
I will do that.
I did try and sell them a Windos PC, but they were just not having any of it!!

Cheers,
JC

JC4x4
12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Just been digging and found this that will let you go into the Printers on the local machine.

In the web browser, firefox seems to work best, input http:\\localhost:621\printers

This takes you to the printers installed on the local unit. You can then go in and configue the default settings.

JC

james1701
12-15-2011, 04:53 PM
HMmm, good info , thanks guys! I hate Apple, long live the worm and may he eat it to the core! Lol...

Custom Search