PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C10 not accepting drum

Custom Search

ES-OGT
12-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Is there any reason why a Bizhub C10 would stop accepting drums? We had a tech install a new drum for a customer and the machine continued with the "Low Drum" message. We took that same drum and put it in another C10 and got the same message. Thinking it was a bad drum we tried another one drum in the 2nd C10 and it worked. Tried it in our customer's machine and the message is still there.

Any ideas? These things are made for a user to install them so it's not rocket science.

JustManuals
12-15-2011, 03:49 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Itsthepaper
12-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Are you sure it's a (Low Drum) message, machine should alternate with END OF LIFE and CHANGE DRUM MESSAGE when it wants a new drum unit. Anyways if you put a new Drum in a machine and it does it's full calibration and reset process you cannot take that drum and put it in a another machine with a CHANGE DRUM message and expect that the CHANGE DRUM message would clear.

When your tech installed the new DRUM did he make sure to let the machine run it's full calibration and reset process. Also double check the drum is seated good and making a good connection.

Hansoon
12-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Are those drums chipped or do they have a fuse?

Hans

ES-OGT
12-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Are you sure it's a (Low Drum) message, machine should alternate with END OF LIFE and CHANGE DRUM MESSAGE when it wants a new drum unit. Anyways if you put a new Drum in a machine and it does it's full calibration and reset process you cannot take that drum and put it in a another machine with a CHANGE DRUM message and expect that the CHANGE DRUM message would clear.

When your tech installed the new DRUM did he make sure to let the machine run it's full calibration and reset process. Also double check the drum is seated good and making a good connection.

I'm pretty sure the tech made sure the drum is seated good. This tech just happens to have the same machine at his house so he's familiar with it.

If I remember correctly "Low Drum" comes up when it gets to 5% of life left. I could be wrong on that. The drum that was being installed was brand new. We just tried different machines to see if the message followed. I'll let our techs know that you can't move drums around, didn't know that.

ES-OGT
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Are those drums chipped or do they have a fuse?

Hans

I always thought they were chipped. Our theory right now is we got a drum with a bad chip and the machine isn't recognizing the change. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

Custom Search