PDA

View Full Version : BH C500 transfer belt tracking problem and codes 45-20 and 29-10

Custom Search

Desert Rat
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Earlier this week I installed the 200K PM kit. All the parts 'cept the grids went into the machine.
It ran for most of yesterday after my second trip. I found that the bumps on the stop thing
were not against the plate. I paid close attention and noticed that as the screw
was tightened it would move away. I corrected this and made sure the belt was installed
correctly. Put the tracking adjustment back to where it was originally marked. Ran the
color registration and auto gamma. Watched the customer run a couple of hundred
prints, no problem.
Then they called back this morning.

Is there something else I need to do or un-do?

I checked all the rollers and they are in the holders correctly.
I cleaned the transfer assembly before installing the parts.
The ring on the transfer rollers are toward the back of the
transfer assembly.

It makes a nice copy off the glass. They only thing I noticed off the glass
is a small bullseye target that looks like a cut mark. It is black, process black.
I can see a slight magenta hue in the very center. I have cleaned the optics.

As long as the belt stays in place it makes a good copy.
They have stopped using after market toner, but I did not get the chance
to clean it all out. They just put it in and let it run itself out. I told them
to run the toner refresh.

Thanks for any help

DR

JustManuals
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Desert Rat
12-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks Paul,
I have the books I need for this model. But I will be contacting you about some others before long.

Today is Saturday, my 4th trip. Today I pulled the registration sensor assembly out and cleaned the sensors
and the back of the unit. I did not see any toner under the lens, but gave it a shot of canned air for GP.
Also I switched the transfer rollers end to end so the ring is toward the front of the machine.
When I got here I could see the belt had tracked to within .5mm of the gear and the rear bead was
riding on the shoulder of the tracking roller.
I put the tracking adjustment back to its starting position. It does not seem to matter where I put this
cam. The belt still would track to the front and then it starts giving the codes.
Has anyone put the transfer belt in without the cleaning unit just to see if the tracking would change?
Problems like this make me feel like a rookie.

Any suggestions?

DR

Desert Rat
12-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Still having this problem, along with some 29 codes.
So far nothing I have done has helped the belt tracking. I did put in a different transfer assembly and that seems to be
holding the tracking.
Now to tackle the 29 codes.

Any suggestion would be helpful

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year

DR

Custom Search