PDA

View Full Version : Konica MInolta C5501 greyscale printing

Custom Search

Filiponder
12-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Hello guys,

Our company possess KM C5501 and got a problem that Service company count as defect of the model. Can somebody that got this model of the machine to check whether this problem exist.

The problem: when we are printing A3 grey image (for example 10 colors - from 0,0,0,10 to 0,0,0,100), the machine are printing a line nearly 1 cm in the center of the sheet that break the color.

Thanks in advance !

Here is the problem: 13501

KMnyafayce
12-17-2011, 08:20 PM
You service tech is an idiot. Tell them to look up thick bk mode. It must be enabled in service mode. Then it will show up in the third page of paper settings. You can also tweak cpm down and 2nd transfer and process down until he turns thick black mode on.

JustManuals
12-17-2011, 11:58 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Filiponder
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
You service tech is an idiot. Tell them to look up thick bk mode. It must be enabled in service mode. Then it will show up in the third page of paper settings. You can also tweak cpm down and 2nd transfer and process down until he turns thick black mode on.

wow, this was fast :) Thanks for the reply ... can you tell me just in case, how to enter Service mode in this machine and to make the changes step by step ... I'm familiar more with Canon machines.

I'm very curious whether I'll fix the machine, because the Konica Minolta Bulgaria sent a letter to our tech, that this machine has such defect ...

redhotrob
12-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Caution with the BK mode!!!!

• Since even the printing in B/W mode operates in color mode, the total counter counts in B/W and the maintenance counter counts in color. (It does not develop YMC but the life of the developer is shorten since it agitates the developing unit.)
Does that mean you've lost black and white clicks and everything will count as a colour click?
• In the case of the color printing after printing more than 1000 sheets in a row in this mode, it causes toner scattering or blurred color image.

Filiponder
12-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Caution with the BK mode!!!!

• Since even the printing in B/W mode operates in color mode, the total counter counts in B/W and the maintenance counter counts in color. (It does not develop YMC but the life of the developer is shorten since it agitates the developing unit.)
Does that mean you've lost black and white clicks and everything will count as a colour click?
• In the case of the color printing after printing more than 1000 sheets in a row in this mode, it causes toner scattering or blurred color image.

I tested BK mode, it didn't fix the problem entirely and made another problem. this time on photo paper, another 1 cm line that seems like rare toner. this line is parallel on last problem and it is on 40-45 cm from the beggining of the sheet.

BTW, this problem exist from long time ago on some heavy coated papers, separetly from the grey printing.

Custom Search