PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else suffering with waste toner blockages on C220/280/360

Custom Search

ezzysi
12-16-2011, 03:48 PM
As in the title really, I've had 4 instances now of noisey machines with the same fault on arrival.

The noise comes from the Transfer belt cleaning section being blocked up with toner and causing the drive gears to skip. Toner seems to be clogging part way down the small chute that sits between the belt unit and the waste box. It had some hard lumps of toner inside as did the belt cleaning section.

All consumables are original and machines are low mileage 50k black 50k colour on the lowest one.

All are in dusty enviroments!

I've spoken to Develop (all our machines are +220's) and there technical bod hasn't heard of an issue.

Anyone else had it?

kingarthur
12-16-2011, 04:40 PM
KM issued a bulletin about it in April this year...TABT1100118EN00..

EarthKmTech
12-17-2011, 02:13 AM
I've seen it on many machines, usually low volume, hot/dusty environments.

Removal (2 screws) and Vacuuming of the transfer belt cleaner unit (if its not destroyed) and unblocking of the chute (1 screw) makes the issue go away for months at a time.

I'm convinced its environmental. The bulletin has been incorrect, regarding what they think the problem is on every instance. In my opinion the waste toner chute to the box is too narrow and not a smooth flowing design. The chute needs to be redesigned to accommodate these hostile environments. Having said that the entry port on the waste toner box is a crap design too.

Custom Search