PDA

View Full Version : Konica-Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 w/ Fiery IP-921 setup

Custom Search

Impossible
12-20-2011, 01:42 AM
I recently acquired a previously owned Konica-Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 with embedded Fiery IP-921 print controller. The machine seems to be operating properly for all Copier-related functions, but I have not yet been able to setup the Fiery successfully. I plugged it into the network, specified an IP address on the copier settings in Key Operator mode, and can successfully ping that IP address from my computer. I downloaded the correct Windows drivers, but when I try to "Add Printer" I can't see it on the network and don't know how to address it manually. Does anyone know what I need to do next?

pepper38_cnd
12-20-2011, 12:38 PM
I guess you are asking how to install an IP printer?

1. Click add printer
2. Local Printer
3. Create a new port
4. Standard TCP/IP Port
5. Enter Ip Address assigned to your controller -- next
6. if it asks choose generic as the type
7. Have Disk--> and point to the folder you have extracted the driver

The rest should be pretty straight forward.

Impossible
12-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Apparently, I may not have an embedded print controller after all. A copier tech guy I spoke to said that the IP-921 is a box attached to the back of the copier, not inside it. The side of the copier has the following ports: USB, Ethernet, Parallel, COM, and SCSI. The tech said those are just service ports, but that seems odd to me. Can someone advise me how to tell for certain?

If I do need an external print controller, can someone advise me which one(s) to look for? The Konica-Minolta C500 downloads page has driver files listed for IP-901 / SC300, IP-921 / X3e, IC-302, and IC-405. I have found an IC-302 and IP-901, but have seen good deals on X3e+ print controllers. Are X3e and X3e+ basically the same thing?

On the other hand, a copier service store I spoke to has a Fiery from a C6500 which they said replaced the C500 and should work. Are newer print controllers backwards compatible with older machines?

Please advise, and thanks in advance for any wisdom or assistance.

Custom Search