PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C452 network settings

Custom Search

slcarlile
12-20-2011, 07:05 PM
We connected to a new Microsoft 2008 server and now can not get to the network settings page to setup the new network. This is what was done Hit utility, admin mode, put in admin password no network setting tab. But at the top waiting for ARP request is displayed.

EarthKmTech
12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
i saw this issue yesterday on a c452.

however on mine the network card locked up completely and the network tab disapeared in admin mode, permanently.

I had to initialize network card in service mode and re-setup the nic config of the machine. It was running absolutely ancient firmware and is now running D-something or other, cant remember but was running perfecto after that..

benerin
12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
try to disconnect the machine from the server connection and then run by alone...... I encounter this kind of problem but in other model...... there is incompatibility of firmware.......

johskar
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM
ARP request is usualy fallback when the C452 fails to aquire IP over DHCP or BOOTP when set to dynamic ip (no properly confgured DHCP service running in the network, more than 1 DHCP service running in the same network, bad connection (lan cable unplugged or cable broken?)) , this makes it take alot longer to start up the network services.
If the network button in admin mode is missing after 10minutes, there's something else wrong tho (NIC might have gotten stuck during startup or something else).

Sometimes a Firmware (or a NIC reset/clear in tech-rep.mode) can nudge a stuck NIC or DHCP client back into action.
If you get the network tab in admin mode after a while, try setting a static IP(v4), restart machine and try ping it or open it in a browser. (Newer versions of IE might need compatability mode enabled for the web page to display correctly).
Can a regular PC/Laptop get IP from the LAN cable the C452 is connected with?

The C652series shouldn't have any incompatabilities in firmware with Windows Server 2008(r2) by default, tho Office 2010 can require an update firmware/driver to function properly (but that's another issue).

*phew* lots of text and most of it probably irrelevant but anyhow... :-)

Custom Search