PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 cannot use tray 1

Custom Search

brent
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
im searching through the serv ice manual. buzhub 423 states that tray 1 cannot be used at this time. shut the power off. main power then it works . return call same scenario. any ideas on what this could. be?
I will continue the search in the bo ok

thanks

EarthKmTech
12-21-2011, 09:37 PM
it will be a tray lift error.

after the tray motor fails to get the tray plate to reach the upper position after a predetermined amount of time an error will be generated and the option to lock out the faulty part (that tray)

its either going to be the lift motor (theyre all crap on the current range of machines) or something else causing it to go wrong, such as a piece of paper mashed behind the tray into the lift coupling etc..

If there is nothing visible wrong, but the machine is coming back in after a while i would order and replace the lift motor, they can have dead spots and fail to rotate if stopped in that position.

brent
12-21-2011, 09:45 PM
yes there is not any paper. justwierd thatlast week the upper tray did the same thing. was able to reset. now it is the bottom tray. darn. I appreciate the heads up

brent

EarthKmTech
12-21-2011, 10:01 PM
yes there is not any paper. justwierd thatlast week the upper tray did the same thing. was able to reset. now it is the bottom tray. darn. I appreciate the heads up

brent

Id be double checking the customer has the paper guides correctly set in the trays too :cool:

9/10 times I've had the issue caused by users..

brent
12-21-2011, 10:04 PM
ya you gotta love customers. they can't seem to shut those guides. I have experienced a c2040 on another machine. that won't lift. or its an elevator motor malf. darn machines..

brent

brent
12-21-2011, 10:23 PM
I have 2 brand new lift motors I am going to just replace both of them tomorrow.
that should do it. I appreciate the info. I still didn't see what page in the huge
service manual about the words( tray cannot be used at this time)

thanks
brent

brent
12-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I replaced both 1st and 2nd tray motors today. just in case. working fine now. I hope it works.. thanks for all your help

brent

EarthKmTech
12-23-2011, 01:17 AM
amusingly enough, my first job of the day that came in after reading this post was a tray 1 lift error code on a c280. Fortunately it was just a full sheet of paper mashed into the lift coupling as per usual :cool:

brent
12-23-2011, 04:21 AM
perth. that has happened to me quite a bit. amazing how I show up. open the drawer. sometimes have to take the screw and holder. remove drawer pull out crinkled paper out of behind the drawer. look at customer. the looks that they have... priceless. especially when they just realized how much that cost them. I feel sorry for them and still clean the machine... I ffeel it is right...

brent

emujo
12-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I have 2 brand new lift motors I am going to just replace both of them tomorrow.
that should do it. I appreciate the info. I still didn't see what page in the huge
service manual about the words( tray cannot be used at this time)

thanks
brent
That's because these messages are not in the service manual..The trays, scanner, ADF, certain finishing options can all be isolated by the user..gives the oppourtunity to continue using the MFP until service can be called. When a problem occurs the control panel says "XXX cannot be used, continue operation?" or something to that effect. User is prompted to turn off/on sub power switch. If main switch is turned on/off the problem section is brought back on line and if issue is still there, cycle repeats. Emujo

Custom Search