PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C-253 rating - good or bad- problem machine?

Custom Search

blue_492
12-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Just started working on C-253, trying to work thru C-2152 transfer malfunction code

Is this machine any good, keep having problems , mainly loosing color, just getting black and white prints on full color setting, but when I reseat transfer, color comes back. Now that I swapped transfer, hoping to solve intermitant color loss problem, can not get past C-2152

Machine worth fixing, 100,00 b/w 40,000 color prints all supplies now refilled. What is life expective on this machine??

EarthKmTech
12-23-2011, 01:12 AM
when these machines work they're great, some of them are just peices of sh** though.

I have seen a few now, with absolutely everything related to the issue changed, several times still persisting with random occurances of c-2152.

I'm starting to think its just the body of the machine being warped causing the transfer belt retraction actuator to occasionally not do as its expected...

Has anyone ever corrected this issue on a machine thats had literally everything changed related several times over ? Besides a large sledge hammer that is ;)

what has been done on these machines are, new version transfer belts. updated actuator, bracket & PS (already installed previously as it was a post update machine anyway) new fusing drive assy (which has itbu seperation clutch inside) and possibly other things i cant recall.

Darren King
12-23-2011, 02:18 AM
These are great machines. I have never had this code but, by the description in the service manual it sounds like it could be a retraction clutch or sensor problem.
Hope this helps
Darren

Itsthepaper
12-23-2011, 02:53 AM
C253, we had a machine causing similar issues, loosing color intermittently we threw everything at the problem. Finally we had enough and pulled it out of the customer's account and installed another C253, new machine works good. It's hit and miss with these boxes, we have allot in the field and only one gave us issues, so I can't say it's most of them. If you have been struggling with the box I would stop messing with it and let it go.

kingarthur
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
we had a C203 with the same problem....did all the mods..in the end we pulled it & installed a C220, at the same time one of our drivers had a C253 in the back of his van unsecured, he braked. the RADF flew up & flipped the m/c over...one C253 wrecked...RADF busted & optics twisted...had some time on my hands..decided to take the complete scanner assy from the C203 & "implant" it on the C253...works like a dream..we use it in house now...and the other one i keep for spares..

EarthKmTech
12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
so the general consensus is when you have a persisting c-2152 error on this engine and all mods have been done, its terminal so just swap the machine over..

good to know, I will show this to my coworkers :cool:

tech51
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Never had to change one out for this fault but came close once with intermittant colour drop outs and 2152 codes. To cut a long story short the sensor for the belt retraction was coated in yellow toner (it sits just above the yellow toner cartridge) which I think was mis reading the belt position intermittantly. I put a long pipe on my vac to vac out the loose toner and also brushed/blew out the sensor. Its not easy to do as the sensor and actuater are awkwardly placed but it is possible. I did this 4 months ago and the machine has been fine since. The problem had been going on for months before so I'm fairly certain this was the cause. There is a bulletin on the Konica Technical site which came out this year with all the latest mods and tips on. Make sure this has been followed to the letter, I've found it does work....

blue_492
12-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Thank for that last tip on vacuming sensor.
Just got code cleared by doing two things.

1- spaced out white plastic cube on right side of transfer as you face transfer to pull out by 1/16 " formed to notch molded in plastic

2- bent metal tab 1/4 " down (looked a little extreme) but worked, that is again on right side same as white plastic cube . the same type metal tab is on the left side, that will help you ID it.

Thank You All-- for the help on this frustrating problem

Custom Search