PDA

View Full Version : cspro ep 5000 Minolta

Custom Search

Burt Copy
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I have this copier thats driving me crazy. I did preventive maint and the problem still there, the copys are nice and clean, but the text is not sharp almost like double print or out of focus from top to bottom of the page, i tried to find if there is an ajustment on the lenses not there, checked for loose mirrors or not seated , adjusted zoom but no change plus I checked the scanner, went to darker or lighter, all this over half day I need Help......... thank you Burt.

Copier_Guy
10-30-2007, 05:20 AM
I feel for you. I service 1 of those boxes and they are beasts. They run good when they run, but when they don't...... I just recently had to rebuild a finisher on 1 with no manual and it was a mighty good time had by all.

Enough with the small talk. it sounds like you have a problem with one of your mirrors. Have you checked the Drum Mirror. It sounds like one of them might be fogged up. I say that one, because it is the hardest one to see. You might also want to change the coronas and the charge grid. I'm just shooting in the dark, but from experience and it not being a digital box, those are the solutions to the symptoms you mentioned that I remember. Good luck and please let us know how you made out.

Bizhub
10-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Remove the drum and check the slit glass
The location of the slit glass is just near the ozone filter just to the right in the frames. If it is still there remove it and bin it. If it is not there then clean the mirror, refit the drum and take a copy. If this does not cure the problem check the focusing in tech rep mode then stop start and enter the values from the front door. These values have been known to return to default values ie 50.
Once the values are set power off and then back on.
Good Luck

Luther
10-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Also chech the cable that drives the lens it has been known to jump off the pulley

Burt Copy
10-31-2007, 09:33 PM
I went to the costumer yesterday to do some more tests that you recomended. Plus I adjusted the mirror spacing atached to the scaner cable, then I noticed some toner spilled inside so I removed the drum unit and found that the spring that drives used toner to the colecting botle was broken, now the costumer dos not want to spend anymore money on this mach with 495k copies. The copys now look almost good, but now there is out of focus jitter going vertical every 2 inches I did not changed the drum or developer look very black, so Im giving up to. It's not worth spending more time on this copier. Thank's a lot to everyone that tried to help me on this problem. Sorry for my poor Spelling Burt Gonsalves Thank u again.....:)

Custom Search