PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous User authentication help requested

Custom Search

bashboosh
12-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Dear experts,
I wish i could get some help from this helpful forum. I have some units of Bizhub 250 and 282 MFP printers. I want to restrict print/copy/scan through active directory authentication. Under admin mode in the printer, i set the user authentication ON and selected active directory. What else i need to do other than this? Now, when anybody printing, no documents are printed and not asking for username and password. Is there any setting in their workstations to setup?

Also, if the above setup is working, where can i find the usage report on users' print/copy count?

Thanks for the help.

bashboosh
12-25-2011, 06:32 AM
any helping hands?!

Mr Spock
12-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Active directory on the server must be turned on and all restrictions set up there.

bashboosh
12-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Hi Spock,
Thanks for your reply. What means by server, what server should I prepare? I could not see any helpful document in regards to it. Would you please elaborate what steps should I complete to restrict printing, copying and scanning according to the active directory user?

I also need to know how I can generate a usage report per user.
Thanks again for your help

bashboosh
12-28-2011, 07:57 PM
any help is anticipated and appreciated

bashboosh
12-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Hi
Can anybody give me some help on how to configure Active directory authentication and generate usage reports on a Bizhub 250/282 MFP? What components are required? what configurations are to be done?

Thanks to all

emujo
12-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi
Can anybody give me some help on how to configure Active directory authentication and generate usage reports on a Bizhub 250/282 MFP? What components are required? what configurations are to be done?

Thanks to all

And...can anybody help me rebuild a jet engine??? This is not difficult if you have a working knowlege of active directory and a good handle on how the MFP is set up to do this...it sounds like you don't..I would recommend you call your KM rep and pay him/her the hour of their time. Don't think you're gonna get a lot of free help on this one. Emujo

shoebox
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I did setup user authentication to Active directory more than once. That was a couple years ago and I don't have the screens memorized. Could you give me what screens you go to and what buttons are on them. Then I may be able to walk you through it.

kingarthur
12-30-2011, 03:47 PM
i agree with emujo....you say you've been working it IT since 1996...yet you dont know what a server is....

bashboosh
12-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks to all replies, with all respect to my friends in this forum, I could not find a helpful document in regards to this. Just tell me, do I need pagescope enterprise suite for this or is there out of the box authentication and reporting features?

Emujo, I agree you, but the local KM provider is not helpful with this, I really contacted them.

Thanks again

bashboosh
12-31-2011, 05:38 AM
@shoebox,
Thanks for your promising response. I already did the authentication settings in the MFP, On the server side what settings are to be done that i dont know. This is not mentioned in the Bz 250 manual. Generate the copy/print usage report per user also not mentioned anywhere.

Thanks again for the help

Custom Search