PDA

View Full Version : New fuser C650 Bizhub won't reset or get hot. Still has "replace fuser soon"

Custom Search

angelbinky
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I just installed a new fuser for a KM C650. It was giving the 'replace fuser soon" code, so we replaced it. Took it out, installed it easily, turned machine off, turned it back on and it still gives the 'replace fusing unit" erro.

The fuser does not get hot when machine is on. It's like it doesn't even register that it has one.
It also gives the "contact service representative" code on it.

Any suggestions?? Once, when it came on it gave me the error code 3725, which I understand is that the fusing unit got to hot. Is there something I can do to make it rest?
Thanking you who respond in advance. This is a great forum, and I appreciate all who take the time to participate. You guys are great.

blackcat4866
12-27-2011, 05:59 PM
I just installed a new fuser for a KM C650. It was giving the 'replace fuser soon" code, so we replaced it. Took it out, installed it easily, turned machine off, turned it back on and it still gives the 'replace fusing unit" erro.

The fuser does not get hot when machine is on. It's like it doesn't even register that it has one.

Any suggestions?? Once, when it came on it gave me the error code 3725, which I understand is that the fusing unit got to hot. Is there something I can do to make it rest?
Thanking you who respond in advance. This is a great forum, and I appreciate all who take the time to participate. You guys are great.

I believe that you got that a little out of sequence. It would have been better to power Off the machine first, change the fuser unit, then power back On.

If you're lucky the thermal fuse in the fuser is not blown, and it probably isn't. You probably created the error condition by pulling the fuser with the heater circuits live, and the error condition on the MFP just needs to be reset.

I'm going to stop right here, because I'm not very familiar with this model. Someone else can give you the precise keystrokes.
It will be something like: hold Utility/Counter while powering main switch On > select Trouble Reset > confirm "OK" > power Off, wait 10 seconds, then power On. =^..^=

angelbinky
12-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I think I might have mistated. The machine was OFF when I replaced it. Turned it on. Still had the "replace fuser soon" code. Turned it off again, to try and reset and it didn't.
I would love to be able to get to the servide mode. Would that help? Anyone know what it might be?
Thanks so much for your response.

angelbinky
12-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I meant to add that I had already done the "reset" trouble thingy... and that didn't help.

emujo
12-27-2011, 09:20 PM
The part # for the fuser is A00JR72111..This fits all 3 in the series (451,550,650). Is there any chance you installed a fuser ending in 72211? If so this is the 200VAC version and you may have blown the IH bd, and PRCB. I looked on the KM knowlege base for this code, and there is not 1 single hit on this. Other than checking the thermostat, and performing a trouble reset, the fuser is not serviceable. (although you can also replace the fuse that resets the "replace" message). Emujo

angelbinky
12-28-2011, 12:01 AM
I will double check the part number, as I did not buy it from KM.

It might be what you said. If it did burn out those parts, who do you suggest I order them from and are they really expensive?

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sandy

angelbinky
12-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I do have the correct part number. So, could you maybe give me an idea how to check to see if the parts you mentioned are burned out?
I am a woman, but i do have a little bit of knowledge about how it works. I've replaced the fuse on the older fuser twice and it worked fine.
This has the "contact service representative" message on it. Does that mean trouble? Is there a way to get that off? It doesn't let me do anything at this point.
Thank you again.

blackcat4866
12-28-2011, 12:26 AM
You'll need a multimeter, capable of measuring resistance.

The circuit you want to concern yourself with is the heat lamp, in series with the thermostat (aka: thermal fuse). You'll expect to read very low resistance from "good" components (2 to 4 ohms).

"Series" means that the heat lamp and thermostat are wired as a "chain", rather than "parallel" in which means both components are connected to the same two terminals.

I would expect you to find that the thermostat (aka: thermal fuse) is "open" or infinite resistance. It usually looks like a small cylinder, the size of a stack of 12 dimes, with two terminals. The thermostat protects the machine from melting down if the temperature exceeds 200 Celsius.

If this part is still intact on your old fuser unit, there is no reason that you could not use it in the new fuser.

I hope that was clear enough. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
12-28-2011, 12:32 AM
You'll need a multimeter, capable of measuring resistance.

The circuit you want to concern yourself with is the heat lamp, in series with the thermostat (aka: thermal fuse). You'll expect to read very low resistance from "good" components (2 to 4 ohms).

"Series" means that the heat lamp and thermostat are wired as a "chain", rather than "parallel" in which means both components are connected to the same two terminals.

I would expect you to find that the thermostat (aka: thermal fuse) is "open" or infinite resistance. It usually looks like a small cylinder, the size of a stack of 12 dimes, with two terminals. The thermostat protects the machine from melting down it the temperature exceeds 200 Celsius.

I hope that was clear enough. =^..^=

Is it universal that they can be "reset"?

I used to whip them against the ground to hear them rattle, and was good to go.

But that was with Kyoceras, where it only took 3 minutes to see if the fuse was rattling or not.

stevel
12-28-2011, 12:39 AM

code c3725 is high temp detected for a time (too high). nc sensor detected high temp. it could be the fuser/fixing unit is not completely seated when installed and could be shorting out. remove and re-install and turn it to make sure it is completely seated before you lock it down.
it the service code c2725 will not reset by turning on and off, try this. turn off copier, hold down utility/counter button while you turn the copier on and it shoud go into service mode, let go of utility button. select trouble reset and it should say ok. turn off copier and wait 15 seconds and turn on. then try to warm up copier again.

blackcat4866
12-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I've heard of guys (and women) putting thermostats in the freezer to reset them, but I never really trusted them after they blew.

Think about the way they're constructed. There is a spring loaded contact pressing against wax pellets. When the temperature reaches the peak temperature the wax pellets melt, and the fuse opens: Thermal cutoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_fuse)

or is this one a Bi-Metallic Strip?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimetallic_strip
=^..^=

angelbinky
12-28-2011, 01:26 AM
You guys are so great to try and give me suggestions to help. I think the "meter" thing is beyond me, but I might get someone in tomorrow that might know. If any one else has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to those who've replied. What a great forum.

angelbinky
12-28-2011, 01:31 AM
I just read the post that mentioned the thermal fuse and heat lamp. Could someone direct me to where they might be?

I tried the holding down while turning on thing to reset, that didn't make any difference. I still get the replace fuser and contact service representative message.

Custom Search