PDA

View Full Version : EP1080 toner scattering prevention plate question

Custom Search

axyun
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Did service call thursday on EP1080. Customer called about jamming. Took care of jamming problem and customer asked about some dots of toner on top third of page. I cleaned optics and no change and told customer I would order cleaning blade and developer. While making copies small bunches of toner / developer were raised on copies and quality was much worse. Took out imaging unit and soft mylar from developer top plate had torn off and was in dv unit. I removed and copies were better though still had dot on upper part of copies.
Later, customer called to say copies were much worse which makes me think something to do with missing mylar. This toner scattering prevention plate has mylar attached (mylar not sold separately) but part(1139-5222-01) is now obsolete and no longer available from Minolta. I am also holding off on drum for customer unless needed. Any information you can give is very much appreciated. I have developer and blade on order and should get today or tomorrow. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

PS... I had also broken the lock lever(1139-2033-03) by accident and ordered one this morning from KM. When the copies started coming out with raised toner and dv on it and jamming the separation wire broke in transfer unit and KM sell a ten-pack. Machine not jamming now but may want to have 1 or 2 precut ready to install wires to avoid hassle of rewiring from scratch.

zaza
12-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Did service call thursday on EP1080. Customer called about jamming. Took care of jamming problem and customer asked about some dots of toner on top third of page. I cleaned optics and no change and told customer I would order cleaning blade and developer. While making copies small bunches of toner / developer were raised on copies and quality was much worse. Took out imaging unit and soft mylar from developer top plate had torn off and was in dv unit. I removed and copies were better though still had dot on upper part of copies.
Later, customer called to say copies were much worse which makes me think something to do with missing mylar. This toner scattering prevention plate has mylar attached (mylar not sold separately) but part(1139-5222-01) is now obsolete and no longer available from Minolta. I am also holding off on drum for customer unless needed. Any information you can give is very much appreciated. I have developer and blade on order and should get today or tomorrow. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

PS... I had also broken the lock lever(1139-2033-03) by accident and ordered one this morning from KM. When the copies started coming out with raised toner and dv on it and jamming the separation wire broke in transfer unit and KM sell a ten-pack. Machine not jamming now but may want to have 1 or 2 precut ready to install wires to avoid hassle of rewiring from scratch.
ok my friend we have same model of minolta to repaired in our workshop so this problems l have in my past time ..so it is not problems in drum or in blad cleaner ...but l think so you have damage developer you must empty and cleaner all developing unity after there put new developer and check this assembly developing unity inside machine ...and good luck .

axyun
12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you ZaZa. Do you think I will have to change the developer cover plastic mylar which came off the cover? Will it cause a problem if not replaced? Frank

zaza
12-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Thank you ZaZa. Do you think I will have to change the developer cover plastic mylar which came off the cover? Will it cause a problem if not replaced? Frankwell your problems consisted the developer only that make sure for originality of this developer l think her calibrate average 375G only empty all damage developer and cleaner all unity ..after there put the new l trying there ..my friend Frank if you need more information pls joint me by skype: zahroun19 ...l can assisted with you ..in past time l have 5 red card l don't know ...please if you find your problems put me a new green card to click in left star l wait you ..good work ...

Hansoon
12-28-2011, 08:17 AM

:confused:

Hans

mrfixit
12-28-2011, 09:04 PM
This is often a problem with the lower seal on the drum cleaner section, old and wavey and dropping toner on the paper as it goes through, don't worry about the upper DV seal to much, it will cause your main charge to get dirty quicker but that's usaully it.

axyun
12-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the info. Will post results end of week. Frank

eg101
12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
You probably need pn 1139 5726 01, the anti-spill plate that goes under the cleaning blade.

axyun
12-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Thank you. I will be there later today and examine image unit more carefully as I am scheduled to change blade and developer. Hopefully if antispill mylar I may be able to reform or modify. Will postagain after results. Frank

Hansoon
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Frank if the anti spill mylar is worn (which seems very likely) there is no way to revive it. It will fail soon after again. BTW The part is very cheap.

If you are there replacing cleaning blade and/or anti spill mylar, don't forget to clean the crap from under the foam strip which is running on the upper synchro roller in the image unit. This lint and dust finds otherwise its way easily into the developer chamber.

Hans

axyun
12-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks Hans. You and MRFixit and EG101 are right. I was there today and changed the developer and blade which made a quality improvement but the anti-spill blade does need to be changed . It looked good and until I touched it and it started falling apart. I tried to use a new mylar from a sharp ar2oo developer unit and 3m scotch tape hold it to plate better.. The dots are 15% of what it was before but I will order it as customer is not satisfied and I can't blame him. Happy New Year guys. Frank

Custom Search