PDA

View Full Version : C450 strange behavior

Custom Search

copycommerce
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Hello,

We placed one unit of this thing at a client.Every day arround 11.30 till 1.00 pm the machine starts printing alone large quanties of prints.
They all loke like @#$#$#@%^$#431224122#$#@$5м„-15Õ50-045)
and every several of them has the following message:

This program cannot be runed in DOS mode.

The machine has hard drive,fax,and Fiery X3eTY 62fa with version 2.0

I checked there ain't stored documents anywhere.Im i missing a spot where they may hide or this is some kind of bug or virus.We replaced the Fiery today (bcz it wasnt able to start up with all kinds of resets ,unplug and so on,but when we placed it on other machine it worked ) and should check if this thing continues.If someone had similar problems please give some advice.

EarthKmTech
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Its not the machine. Its the customers network or one of the pcs sending junk to the fiery/copiers ip address on the correct port number / queue name. Seen it before many times.

Doing a packet capture using something like wire shark and an ethernet hub if you still have one will identify the offending originating ip. Then charge away to your hearts content for the customers i.t. Dept wasting your time as usual for a problem that is their responsibility.

copycommerce
01-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Thank you.We was thinking that the problem is in the network configuration they use.The problem is that this is municipality and theyr I.T. department think that the machine should bound to them not they to her :D

Anyway we gonna find some kind of solution tt.

blackcat4866
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
So change the MFP's IP address at the machine and in the driver. Whatever is sending data to the old IP address, well let it. No one will be listening at that address.

How many times have you heard "There's nothing wrong with our network!" to find out later, that it was a network issue? =^..^=

emujo
01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
You may also see this kind of print issue when user sends a PS file using the PCL driver. MFP can't understand the file and prints this garbage...I've seen MFPs use up several reams of paper before the finisher finally said "that enough". And, since you mention that this happens every day at the same time, I would look for some application running that used to print to an old printer and may have been switched to the C450. I'm thinking of some kind of ware house run or customer list that is auto generated. Emujo

AjitN
01-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Few years back I have faced such problem due to infected PC. Some virus used to dump windows temp file to network printer without any user instructions. Please cgeck the same. Also you have connected external Fiery, so also check if Fiery OS is infected as it is based on Windows NT, which also could be infected.

Hope this helps

Ajitn

habik
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I had just yesterday similar problem, where client could not print or it was taking ages to print every now and then.

Client is running W7 x64 and has the latest driver and at any time we send something to print it populated a Copy (1) or even a Copy (2) driver with a rather strange port LPT1 or LPT2 and it was trying to print to that port and as that was not enough you just could not delete the one of the job queues.

All it was down to a IP conflict which I was not expecting at all as they run on DHCP. and the only fixed IP was my machine and one HP for which I checked that its on different IP.
As I have not found a running PC with the conflict IP I decided to change the IP on the Fiery and on the Client W7 machine and everything disappeared except the Job Queue which is still hanging until now. and can't get rid of it. It is only showing in the taskbar within the printer menu. If I try to check what is printing it comes with some old documents from July 2011 ..how the heck can I get rid off it...If anyone knows please suggest.

So my solution was new IP address. :) Hop this helped.

Custom Search