PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Minolta EP 1083

Custom Search

olsen
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi all you experts! I have earlier got helpful hints here. Thank You. No I got a weird problem with my Minolta EP 1083. It tells me that there is some paperjam in the middle section. But I have separated all the parts and canīt find anything. Is there a reset function or.....? Please help.
And a happy New Year to all of you.
Erik

minimerlin
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
The normal reset after a jam is to close the front door as the last action after closing all other open parts! Make sure the actuator on the door is not bent, also look for a broken plastic exit actuator on the guide section just after the fuser, it is easy to break the shaft on this bit! There is also a chance that the right hand side door closed sensor is knocked out of position. Did the machine show a jam during a copy run? Did you find any missfed sheets?

olsen
01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
The normal reset after a jam is to close the front door as the last action after closing all other open parts! Make sure the actuator on the door is not bent, also look for a broken plastic exit actuator on the guide section just after the fuser, it is easy to break the shaft on this bit! There is also a chance that the right hand side door closed sensor is knocked out of position. Did the machine show a jam during a copy run? Did you find any missfed sheets?

Hello and thank You so much for your quick reply. I looked for any of the faulth mentioned. No luck - BUT then I opened and closed the front door with the power on. And suddenly the red light disappered and the mascine could start again.
Thank you so much for your help

minimerlin
01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Hello and thank You so much for your quick reply. I looked for any of the faulth mentioned. No luck - BUT then I opened and closed the front door with the power on. And suddenly the red light disappered and the mascine could start again.
Thank you so much for your helpYour very welcome, you may have a problem with poor take up from the trays which can give jam indication you mentioned. Also make sure the machine control panel reports the correct paper that is in the trays as this is another possible cause.

JustManuals
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search