PDA

View Full Version : Copystar 2560 Faxing TX problem

Custom Search

vontech
01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I have a Copystar 2560 that is receiving fine but will not send. I don't have physical access to this machine because I do remote support from a branch office.

What I do know is that after it was installed and setup it RX,TX'd fine for about 2 weeks then just stopped sending, and the error says "No Response" but she's tried several different numbers and they all give this error. I don't have extensive knowledge of this copier and/or fax troubleshooting but did have the phone company check the line and they claimed everything was fine.

My thoughts are that it's some setting that's been changed, creating an issue when she's trying to send a fax. Does anyone have some ideas.

blackcat4866
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Start with the simple stuff.

Is it on a PBx? If yes, are the endusers using pauses to give extra time for the line to click through?
Are the phone numbers they are dialing valid #s
Are you able to connect an analog handset and successfully dial out?

You might try changing U660: Set Calls, Exchange, change from PSTN to PBx.
=^..^=

ES-OGT
01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Along with what Blackcat said I would also try disabling ECM. I've got a customer with multiple sites and they all go through one phone switch. They were having similar problems and it would only occur with specific numbers. AFter 2 weeks of banging our heads against it we disabled ECM and it worked like a charm.

Metalvoc
01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
All good suggestions here. I have also had to disable V.34 on several machines. It does not seem to be as much of a problem as it used to be, but it does seem to be an issue when sending to some fax machines.

just a tech
01-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I have had issues with the ECM settings before that has caused similar issues as ES-OGT pointed out.. Also, do you know if they are sending everything via "Network Faxing" from their P.C.s or are they actually standing in front of the machine while sending..? If they are network faxing and having the problems, it may be their network fax driver is corrupt or something not set right.. Just throwing that out there..

Good Luck..

vontech
01-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Just to give an update, I am waiting for this employee to come back from vacation to work on this issue. I will keep everyone posted.

Custom Search