PDA

View Full Version : Sharp SF-2314 shooting blanks

Custom Search

joni618
05-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I am working on a Sharp SF-2314 copier for a local Dr. who is T\'d-off at the local Sharp dealer. Seems they did a PM on it and it started giving blank copies immediately. He asked me to check it for him. When he brought it in. it was making totally blank (white) copies. I cleaned it which it needed and replace the developer. The charger looks o.k. Now I\'m stumped! Can anyone give me some sugestions? Thanks for any help you might have.

raym
05-20-2005, 08:59 PM
did you check the transfer corona? run a copy and try to stop midway under drum and try to look at your image on drum. if you see it, then charge and developer are working ok and you are most likely looking at a shorted transfer corona.

good luck,
ray

joni
05-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I checked the drum after running a copy halfway thru and there is no image on the drum.

raym
05-24-2005, 06:08 PM
hi joni, i\'m not the most proficient on sharps but going by the theory of operation, i would say check your charge corona very carefully, make sure your developer roller is turning, and check your high voltage transformer in that order. i hope this helps some.

good luck,
ray

joni
05-24-2005, 06:12 PM
How do I test that the developer roller is turning? I understand that on this unit it sometimes turns by hand but not when installed into the copier! Thanks for your help, Ray

raym
05-24-2005, 09:01 PM
hey joni, i meant by hand as that is the only way i know of on that particular unit. i hope that you have success.

ray

p.s. check that your brush on mag. roller is sufficient height and that its orientated towards drum.

Post edited by: raym, at: 2005/05/24 13:03

Wild Bill
07-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I would suspect the developer unit on this machine. Is developer up against the drum, correctly?

R. Hunt
07-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Clean the scanner rails, make sure they are lubed

blackcat4866
07-11-2008, 02:54 AM
I realize we don't get to choose what we work on most of the time, but this machine isn't much. Wasn't ever much. Whomever sold the PM parts would have been much better off putting that money towards a real copier.

I happen to agree that it is probably some sort of developing issue. But it's still not worth fixing. =^..^=

mtech
07-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Must be main charge or developer.

nightshade
07-11-2008, 04:03 AM
I agree any of the 2000 series is old and decrepit.

With that aside. To check to see if the DV magnetic roller is turning. Pull out the drum unit, wipe your finget on the mag roller to brush off a strip of developer, put it back together and make a copy, remove the drum again and see if the roller has turned.

Also to check to see if you have charge, turn room lighting off and go into crop 8 and run the main charge with the front door cheated. You should see a purplish/blue glow if it is on. Also if you see any "lightning strikes" to the drum, the charge unit is dirty or defective and the arching will cause issues.

Anotherthing to try to rule out the optics path is to make a copy with the top cover open "skyshot", with this you should get a solid black copy. This works good too when you stop it in mid copy to check for image on the drum.

aikon_ngage
07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
try to check the xfer corona unit and contact, also dont forget the charge unit w/ grid ,the hvt unit and connectors. also the dv unit if it is rotating or properly set in place. changing developer doesnt help without checking this stuff first.:D

deep
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
A post 3 years ago, joni will not back.

nightshade
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
A post 3 years ago, joni will not back.

:eek:WOW:eek: didn't notice. Someone musta been very bored to dig that far back....:confused:

blackcat4866
07-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Oops! If had been paying any attention to the date, I'd have let that one pass......

chakiris
07-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Check your corona main charge corona wire if it is not broken. Replace if it is. To check your developer MG roller if it will turn when you run the machine, pull out the developer unit and put a little smudge on the MG developer with your finger and slide the Developer unit back to the machine and start the machine just for a few seconds and shut it off. Slide out the developer unit assembly and check the developer on the MG roller. It it looks smooth and no more smudges then your developer is turning properly.

Custom Search