PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous What do Prints in Scan/Fax field of Counter Report represent?

Custom Search

iftikhar_p
01-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Hi Everyone.

We have a few Konika Minolta photocopiers in our company and are now planning to document the Counter reports. However we are not sure of some of the figures listed in the counter list.

Under Scan/Fax there are two fields; Print & Scans. What do the figures in these two fields represent and whether they are taken into account while calculating the Total counter or Counters for Black and Color prints?

Thank you in advance.

pepper38_cnd
01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Without seeing the report or knowing which models, I would say that since it is under the heading Scan/Fax that Prints would be the number of pages that were outputted and Scans would be pages that were Sent/transmitted. A simple test would be to print the report send 2 pages ( email or fax ) and receive 3 pages (fax ), output the report again and compare.

blackcat4866
01-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi Everyone.

We have a few Konika Minolta photocopiers in our company and are now planning to document the Counter reports. However we are not sure of some of the figures listed in the counter list.

Under Scan/Fax there are two fields; Print & Scans. What do the figures in these two fields represent and whether they are taken into account while calculating the Total counter or Counters for Black and Color prints?

Thank you in advance.

Same qualifier: I'd have to see the report.

But I'm guessing that the Scan/Fax > Prints: include fax receptions and the various fax and scan reports.
Scan/Fax > Scans: includes the number of scans resulting from faxes, scans to email, scans to SMB, scans to FTP, Scan to TWAIN, and scan to Box.

What won't be included in this category is Prints from PC, Copies, and scans to make copies. It's easier to define the exceptions. =^..^=

iftikhar_p
01-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks Pepper38 and Blackcat for your responses and apologies for being a novice and not providing complete details.

We have Konika Minolta 751, 500, Bizhub 501, Bizhub C360 photocopiers. We are now in a process of documenting Counter reports before billing the individual departments that use those machines.

I've attached a report from out KM 751 machine. This one has a high number of prints under Scan/Fax as compared to others. So we are trying to figure what this figure (3516) represents.

Thanks in advance.

blackcat4866
01-07-2012, 12:23 PM
The manual does not offer anything terribly enlightening about the specific sources of those prints. Perhaps you have a scan confirmation report or fax confirmation report enabled? Those reports could easily add up to 3516 pages. =^..^=

Custom Search