PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Connect to computer/driver/set up

Custom Search

marymare
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I have a KM C450 and I need to connect it to a Windows Vista computer. I have gone through the set up wizard etc but I can't get it to print. I have a(purple) wire going from the machine to the computer.
How do I find the machines IP address?
Is there anyone who can talk me through connecting and setting the whole thing up please?
I am not a techie so please help.
Thanks

hugohug
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Does the cable that go into your computer look like http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/usb-ch.jpg or this: http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/3617721/2/stock-photo-3617721-rj45.jpg ?

I3FusionGuy
01-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi,

I have a KM C450 and I need to connect it to a Windows Vista computer. I have gone through the set up wizard etc but I can't get it to print. I have a(purple) wire going from the machine to the computer.
How do I find the machines IP address?
Is there anyone who can talk me through connecting and setting the whole thing up please?
I am not a techie so please help.
Thanks

You should hire an independent Copier/Printer/PC Technician to do this for you, or find a qualified person in your organization.

Your purple wire is probably a USB cable. You don't need the IP address for that. If its asking for one, or the other option is greyed out, you don't have admin rights and won't be able to do it anyway.

Sorry to sound so mean, but this is a site for business machine professionals, not end users. There are plenty of other end user help sites out there. Whoever sells you the supplies and maintenance for that machine should be able to help you out.

marymare
01-05-2012, 08:13 PM
The cable is the second one (ie. not like a memory stick)

I3FusionGuy
01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
You cant connect it directly unless you know for sure that is a crossover cable. It will be marked as such. If it is a regular patch cable, you need a router, switch or hub between the MFP and two network cables. If you find the user manual for that MFP (sure you can with google) it will tell you how to find the IP. A router may automatically assign one to your PC and MFP as well.

hugohug
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Take the cable out of the pc and put it into a router. then find the IP address from the device and add the printer using a port.

marymare
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks, I guessed it might need to go to the router.
Sorry I'm only an end user but it is difficult to find help anywhere.
Thanks

emujo
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
The kind of help you need to get this periphial working isn't "free". Some one needs to confiure your printer, then get your workstation setup with drivers that will work with your OS. If you want to save a little money without needing an onsite visit, and are willing towork with me to configure the printer side, then we can do a remote session and I can guide you through this..however, it won't be free. A qualified network tech runs around 150.00 hour. If you want to give it a try, we can work out the details. PM me with your info. Emujo

I3FusionGuy
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks, I guessed it might need to go to the router.
Sorry I'm only an end user but it is difficult to find help anywhere.
Thanks

FREE help is worth nothing. I'm sure if you were offering to compensate, you'd be able to find a local service provider for all of your needs.

If you are going to be a self-maintainer, you should invest in a Service Manual for this device, because eventually you are going to need to replace consumables and maintenance parts. I'm sure you can find SOMEONE on this board to sell you a manual. And you will have to learn how to do proper maintenance on it. You may even be able to find a tech that is willing to come and share their knowledge - for a nominal fee.

marymare
01-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry all...been busy, thanks for the offer of help but at the moment I am trying to find someone locally and thanks for the advice. I have a set up manual, a users manual and a field service one but have been unable to find what I need. I am sure I can resolve it sooner or later and I will keep you posted.

RRodgers
01-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Sorry all...been busy, thanks for the offer of help but at the moment I am trying to find someone locally and thanks for the advice. I have a set up manual, a users manual and a field service one but have been unable to find what I need. I am sure I can resolve it sooner or later and I will keep you posted.

You should be able to get the network admin manual right off of Konica's web site. It's going to take A LOT of reading of not only that manual but networking stuff as well. (unless you know something about it) This is the part we get paid to do because it takes time to learn all of this stuff. So I would guess you are running some kind of business with this machine, it would be ok for me to walk in and ask for something for free? Just giving you a little insight.

sanimir
01-07-2012, 07:39 PM
You should be able to get the network admin manual right off of Konica's web site. It's going to take A LOT of reading of not only that manual but networking stuff as well. (unless you know something about it) This is the part we get paid to do because it takes time to learn all of this stuff. So I would guess you are running some kind of business with this machine, it would be ok for me to walk in and ask for something for free? Just giving you a little insight.

i agree with RRodgers.
Sometimes the solution only with professional help.
Who does not appreciate other people's knowledge, no prices or their own knowledge.

marymare
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Many thanks for all the help, I have sorted the problem (quite simple really) when you know where to look. You are right though re the manual.....alot of reading!

Custom Search