PDA

View Full Version : DP3030 Intermittent Z-fold

Custom Search

doug94550
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi guys, I have a good one for you.
Now I know that a Z-fold always comes back to the Registration Clutch but this is a good one.
I have replaced the clutch several times, both used and new clutches.
I have also replaced the SPC board and checked out the harness from the SPC to the clutch.
Everything looks normal.
I have torn down, inspected, cleaned, and lubed the registration components. Moving them by hand I can feel no binding.
So what I get is an intermittent Z- fold but never, ever a jam.
It is intermittent to the point of getting 5 defects for 100 pages fed.
Also, it makes no difference the orientation of the paper, the paper size, or whether is is fed from the console or the system stand.
Sometimes I will not get the Z-fold but will get a stretching followed by compressed print.
Lastly, every so often, I lose maybe 1 1/2 inches at the leading edge. It is just blank and then there is the rest of the pattern. The deletion has nothing to do with charge it is just a slow feed so that by the time the paper gets up to the drum the image has moved past where the paper should be, and then the paper catches up. Once again, I get no jams.
And of course you can't get your head in there and actually watch it happen.
So anyway, if any of you have ever seen this one, I would LOVE to know.
Thanks,
Doug

PanaTech
01-06-2012, 02:04 AM
I had similar problem before where it just delays the images. I replaced both registration clutch and pick up clutch together with the new one and fixed it. The part number is: L9EAAJ000015, ref number 1105.

What are the feed rollers' count? They never last that much.

btw, have you try using bypass to test?

I would also update the firmware even though it might have nothing to do with it...but who know....:cool:

also, when it jams, which code does it came up with?

copiman
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Just yesterday I went to a 2310 that may ahve had the same problem. It was the first time I saw this machine. The problem was jamming, reg. delayed, and sometimes the print was in an arrow shape on the lead edge with compresses print. The service company before me had replaced the feed clutch and reg. clutch. They also performed the mod for J40 jams. The Jam codes were J01 and J40. What I found was the CDS sensor movement was not good. The silver metal cover on the sensor, toward the rear of the machine, was deformed. After many attempts to reform it, I just removed it. All was good after that. I also replaced the rollers as well. The CDS sensor has two sensors on it. The one furthest to the front was catching the paper, sometimes deforming the paper near the center of the lead edge. Sometimes causing a Z fold as well. Sometimes a jam. Sometimes making it through the machine. Very intermittent. I have attached the bulletin for this so you can see if your machine has been modified. Don't forget to look at the metal cover toward the rear of the sensor. Let us know what you find.13766

doug94550
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I had similar problem before where it just delays the images. I replaced both registration clutch and pick up clutch together with the new one and fixed it. The part number is: L9EAAJ000015, ref number 1105.

What are the feed rollers' count? They never last that much.

btw, have you try using bypass to test?

I would also update the firmware even though it might have nothing to do with it...but who know....:cool:

also, when it jams, which code does it came up with?

It never jams. Not even once.

copiman
01-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Just yesterday I went to a 2310 that may ahve had the same problem. It was the first time I saw this machine. The problem was jamming, reg. delayed, and sometimes the print was in an arrow shape on the lead edge with compresses print. The service company before me had replaced the feed clutch and reg. clutch. They also performed the mod for J40 jams. The Jam codes were J01 and J40. What I found was the CDS sensor movement was not good. The silver metal cover on the sensor, toward the rear of the machine, was deformed. After many attempts to reform it, I just removed it. All was good after that. I also replaced the rollers as well. The CDS sensor has two sensors on it. The one furthest to the front was catching the paper, sometimes deforming the paper near the center of the lead edge. Sometimes causing a Z fold as well. Sometimes a jam. Sometimes making it through the machine. Very intermittent. I have attached the bulletin for this so you can see if your machine has been modified. Don't forget to look at the metal cover toward the rear of the sensor. Let us know what you find.13766

I was called for a jam on this machine. When i got there, the jam was in the fuser. The jam code was J40. The only jam since I was there earlier, Jan 4. Well, I reformed the BTR guide per the bulletin I posted earlier. Left the account. The customer called back. What happened was when I reformed the guide plate, it caused a rise in the guide plate on the side of the guide that paper passes over. Maybe a 1mm rise. This was on both openings of the plate. But the one catching was the one closest to the front. I think. I say I think because it could be some funky operation of the solenoid. Not sure. I tested it in F4 mode and it seemed fine. Ran 200 copies and no failure. Thought I would throw this out there.

mojorolla
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Open tray 2 and look inside the front of the tray. Panasonic lists the f5 and f6 values from when it was set up at the factory. With no jams, it sounds like a timing issue. Compare the numbers inside tray2 to the f5 and f6 in the machine to see if something was changed.

:)

copiman
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Hey Doug. Did you resolve this?

panasonic.vnn
02-26-2012, 12:25 AM
If I could find Panasonic firmware source. I can share this CD

doug94550
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys,
Just to update status here.
The machine is now in the shop and the customer has a loaner.
At this point they have been keeping me in the field more than the shop.
I will definitely update as the situation changes.
Doug

doug94550
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
It looks like the culprit for this was the transfer roll. The folding seemed to be coming from the drum area more than the registration area, although you can't actually look in and watch it. Long story short, I saw a pattern and decided to try the transfer roller. So far, so good.

copiman
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the follow up. New one for me.

Custom Search