PDA

View Full Version : Color BHC350 scanning not working with windows 7 computer or with windows 8 server

Custom Search

krm
01-06-2012, 03:46 AM
The new computer and server can not scan with this machine. Can these work with each other? Can a new version of firmware solve this problem? If so, is a compact flash the way to upload it? It's been a while, I'm a little fuzzy on the procedure to do firmware. Thanks in advance.

pepper38_cnd
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes scanning will work with those OS, it is not a firmware issue it is security settings within the OS. I know there have been several post before reffering to setting up SMB on Windows 7, but I would just go with FTP and not waste my time playing with SMB as it is such a pain.

EarthKmTech
01-06-2012, 11:49 PM
C350 doesn't do smb scanning anyway ;)

FTP scanning to the KM ftp scan utility is always an option too, its free and downloadable off the KM website.

Hansoon
01-07-2012, 07:29 AM
the KM ftp scan utility is always an option too, its free and downloadable off the KM website.

But according to my experience will not work with W7. Free Quick 'n Easy FTP Lite does however.

Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite (http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/quick__n_easy_ftp_server_lite.html)

Hans

EarthKmTech
01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I've not had an issue with win7, other than having to manually configure the firewall settings.

krm
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks to all of you for your help.

Custom Search