PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C10 having odd Paper Misfeed issue

Custom Search

ES-OGT
01-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I have a customer who is getting a reoccuring Paper Misfeed message. Basically they run both plain paper and checks through the machine. I've replaced both the sep pad and the feed roller within the last two weeks. It works for awhile then starts giving the message again.

The Field Service guide isn't the most helpful on this model when it comes to jamming issues. My gut is starting to tell me the problem is happening after she feeds the checks. She also mentioned the paper seems to move backwards before being fed which doesn't match up at all with the way this machine works.

Hansoon
01-06-2012, 10:53 PM
If the image is shifted at the same time than likely the foam pad on the synchro solenoid became sticky. The machine "thinks" than that the paper is shorter than configured.

The picture shows the MF-2490 which has exactly the same construction. Removal of the pad alone won't work cause the anchor of the solenoid must be magnetically isolated from the frame otherwise it will stick metal to metal. Just replace it with a piece of any thicker plastic tape.

Hans

ES-OGT
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Much Thanks!!

I'll give that try when I get to go out there next time.

Custom Search