PDA

View Full Version : CQ Konica Minotla Bizhub Di2510f prints dark pages with black lines

Custom Search

tom86
01-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Konica Minolta Bizhub Di2510f

Sometimes it printed black lines on pages (copy or print). My boss asked me to try to fix it. So, I cleaned it using 70% isopropyl alcohol all around and unfortunately I cleaned green PC drum and developer roll too. Then I didn't know I shouldn't touch it. Later, I disassembled whole printing assembly (drum + developer unit) for cleaning as well (I didn't throw away the powder inside). I did the F8 function after cleaning, but nothing has changed.

Now, the printer is useless. It prints dark pages with black lines. See picture - it should be a copy of white page:

I read that the developer powder should be replaced every 40,000 pages. I don't know where should I add that powder.
The counter shows 150,000 pages total, developer 0, PC drum life 78%.

Please give me any advice how to fix it.

Regards,
Tom

minimerlin
01-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Looks like dirty grid and charge corona! How old are they? How many counts on the drum/Developer etc? Are you a tech or end user? What was the copies/prints like prior to your attempt to rectify?

sanimir
01-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Looks like dirty grid and charge corona! How old are they? How many counts on the drum/Developer etc? Are you a tech or end user? What was the copies/prints like prior to your attempt to rectify?

I agree with minimerlin,
This looks like a the dirty grid and charge corona.
If you do not have the recommended cleaning equipment. Try to clean them a gentle and soft cloth, a cloththat leaves no traces.

tom86
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Thank you for advice.

The printer was manufactured in Sep, 2004.
PC life: 78%
Developer: 0
Fusing Unit: 157,264
I/C Life: 67401
Toner Pages: 106,402
IR1, IR2: 53,285

Before my repair attempt, it was printing black lines and dark spots. It was not happening all the time, sometimes it worked well. After I cleaned the drum with 70% isopropyl alcohol it started to print all dark pages, but still with black lines.

I will clean the grid and corona and let you know. They don't seem dirty though.

Do you think I should buy new developer starter powder? where add it? Like this one:
http://www.quikshiptoner.com/catalog/images/Konica-di2510-developer.jpg

Thanks,
Tom (user)

minimerlin
01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi Tom!
From the details you gave about the fault prior to your cleaning I have one more question.....were the lines similar to what you get now? I have the feeling that you have made more problems by attempting to do the job yourself! Sorry but sometimes it is best to let a tech that knows the machine do the repairs..can be cheaper in the long run! One further test....what copy do you get if you just lift the lid as if going to place a sheet to copy, put nothing on the glass and make a copy with the lid still open? It should be pure black! If not...as they say.. we have a problem! Firstly you did as you say the F8, but you did not change the developer.(How did you know about this mode?) You cleaned an organic drum with isopropol which can be fatal to it, did you leave the drum exposed to daylight/incandescant bulbs at all? The origional fault may have just been a worn cleaning blade but I think it is more than that now.

Darren King
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I think you are at the point where you will have to replace drum and dev. It is possible the original lines were from the fuser. The fusers in these machines will have toner building up on the thermistors which will eventually wear the a line around the heat roller. This will cause intermittent lines.. Open the right side door and open the fuser and look for a ridge on the heat roller. if it is caught early enough you may get away with just cleaning the thermistors. If not you will have to replace or rebuild the fuser.
PS. It is ok to use ispropyl alcohol on the drum (just don't rub too hard) but, 99% is recommended.
Hope this helps
Darren

Hansoon
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
This machine needs for sure:

-Drum,
-Developer (Starter),
-Cleaning blade,
-Preferably a modified drum collar at the rear of the mag roller,
-Thorough cleaning, especially the charge corona and grid.

Hans

tom86
01-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I cleaned the grid and corona using lint-free cloth, but when I assembled printing unit again, it is even worse. Now, I get very dark pages, with black spots and lines. I used 95% ethanol this time.

I'm going to order new drum unit and developer starter powder.
Should I change the starter powder in developer unit only or add it to drum unit also? These two parts contain black powder inside, I believe it is a mixture of starter and toner. If not, where should I add starter powder? Then I should reset counters and run F8 function, right?

minimerlin, the lines are similar to the ones I got prior cleaning attempt. My boss said that I have to repair it by myself, so I can't call a tech.
When I leave the lid open, I get black page, still with lines and spots. Lines are in two directions.
The drum was exposed to typical office light, I believe those are fluorescent bulbs. I don't have windows in the office.

Darren King, the big black fuser roll has ridges on it, but my problem is caused by printing unit. When I turn off the machine during printing (before page go through the fuser) and then open side door I can see dark page with all spots and lines.

Where "a modified drum collar at the rear of the mag roller" is located?

Could you share a service manual for this machine? I can't find it in the web.

Thank you all,
Tom

Tec1
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I'd just replace Drum unit, Developer unit and Developer

I have been putting Di350 IU's in these machines with no problems

tom86
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Tec1, what can be wrong with developer unit? The Di350 IU costs twice more I'm paying now. I hope it gonna work.

Please give me an advice where and how put a starter powder.

Appreciate,
Tom

brent
01-09-2012, 08:43 PM
if you are going to continue working on this machine. I would recommend you get a manual here. you are already doing f8 functions. and other things. you are at a point when you replace developer and drums that you should just pay and get it. your boss is already trusting you and it seems like you bought parts. .
might have been just easier to call a t echnician and could have got it going the same day.

brent

sanimir
01-09-2012, 08:52 PM
tom86 check pm for 5 minutes

best regards

Tec1
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
too many problems with developer unit wearing out drum at rear side

if replace Di2510 drum unit you need to put that on the Developer unit

mabey just me, I don't like call backs :)

tom86
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
I replaced the Drum Unit, Developer and cleaned all rollers yesterday. Now, it works better than ever.

Thank you all for help! Especially sanimir for service manual.

Greetings from The Lone Star State,
Tom

sanimir
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
thanks.
great news.

best regards from croatia

Custom Search