PDA

View Full Version : magicolor 4650 printer offline?

Custom Search

brent
01-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Im sure there is another forum. for this. if so please advise.
magicolor 4650 printer was just fine. in my house. I used the toners up. it actually is on the starter toners right now. replaced 2. the printer says add toners.!!! but the printer que on the computer says printer offline. I can't even send a test page or ping it. I can unplug the ethernet on the printer and see that the port lights up on the router. where should I start? I just deleted all the print jobs and erased the printer drivers. just reinstalled them.. nothing.. help?

thank you
brent

Glaander
01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Im sure there is another forum. for this. if so please advise.
magicolor 4650 printer was just fine. in my house. I used the toners up. it actually is on the starter toners right now. replaced 2. the printer says add toners.!!! but the printer que on the computer says printer offline. I can't even send a test page or ping it. I can unplug the ethernet on the printer and see that the port lights up on the router. where should I start? I just deleted all the print jobs and erased the printer drivers. just reinstalled them.. nothing.. help?

thank you
brent

you pretty much answer your own question, you can't ping the printer, means the printer has connection issue to the network, start with cable? switch? router? maybe even switch a network cable? if still not online, check firewall setting

brent
01-09-2012, 02:28 AM
I will change the cable out

thanks

JustManuals
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

brent
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I have the manual. thanks

brent
01-10-2012, 01:45 AM
I swappedthe cable out. nothing. added toner to the two that were low. nothing
this is interesting. and I am not network guru. but in this sitiation I go onto the top address bar of my computer and type in 192.168.1.100 and it should at least show me the printer shouldnt it? I have the same network at my work as here. with a wireless router. this darn thing was working a couple weeks ago. and just can not see it now. I guess. also I deleted the printer driver and reinstalled. and when I did such I had to select which driver etc. I used the disc that came with this printer. and in it. I found a spot for english.. etc etc. then I had to hit a mono button? but the printer que still says that the printer is offline. sorry to keep buggin ya'll. I help when I can.
thanks
brent

Custom Search