PDA

View Full Version : minolta ep 6001 3rd drawer problem

Custom Search

brent
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
yes I have the manual. but I have a c0992 code. can not get it to reset. even hitting this icon on the screen and opening up and shutting the front cover (not the toner door) but it wont reset. the first sign of problems was the black gear inside that gear cluster broke. and the tray slammed down. any thoughts on the next step? one day the customer will buy another machine. I have other trays I could swap. just don't want swap. need to fix

thanks
brent

minimerlin
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi Brent, thats an oldy machine you have got there. Was the tray open when you tried to clear the code and did the code clear and then come back when you closed the tray? I remember those black gears broke regularly but normally the code cleared ok...maybe the ribbon cable is damaged?

brent
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
ya that is wierd. and yes it is an old machine. the drawer is out. I try to reset. and it won't even reset with the drawer open. which usually will. but not this time. I fiddled with it yesterday. and yes. at this age of the machine I am not going to get to carried away about it. just thought I would ask if anyone else had that code before. I have fixed them in the past. just not today..

brent

Custom Search