PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250 "close right side door properly"

Custom Search

axyun
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM
The right side upper door(duplex,Etc) has 2 interlocks toward front side of machine. I cheated both but message stayed. The lower switch is the button type. Do these go frequently or is there something else I should be looking at. I didn't go any further as I had already spent 3 hours repairing problems on Toshiba Estudio 3511 and Canon IR2870. There obviously had been a jam at fuser prior to this as there was a small plastic piece which looked like part of a separator finger and fuser was not locked in. Any input is appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

mo0651
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM
There is another door above the fusing unit that open, Check that part is not broke.

Darren King
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
The door closed switch on this machine is a micro switch. It is actuated by a spring. This spring will become deformed from use and needs to be reformed to actuate the micro switch properly. Remove the small cover behind the front door on the right. Two screws I think. It will give you access to the spring actuator.
Hope this helps.
Darren

EarthKmTech
01-11-2012, 09:46 PM
a dropped power supply rail will also cause a persistant "close right side door"

same thing happend on 353 series when they first came out and had dodgy motors in the folding finishers that poped fuses in the power supply.

axyun
01-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the helpful info guys. I'll call customer and try to set up another call. Frank

ishaaq
02-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Was this problem solved? Could anyone else give me any suggestions as i currently have the same problem.
cheers

axyun
02-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I have not been back to customer yet. Waiting to hear from her for go-ahead. Frank

westvandude
10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Just had same problem on recently aquired used C550. There are two interlock switches on this one. The microswitch is just fine which is located halfway up the chassis. The pin type push in switch below that is fried. It's a dual throw normally open 16A 125-250vac switch. It's fried. That's a lotta current to throw through such a small switch IMHO. Trying to find replacement but so far no luck (through electronic distributors).

Unfortunately had to swing whole mainboard out of the way to access those switches and a blower fan next to the switch.

Custom Search