PDA

View Full Version : how do we change the language in fiery ?

Custom Search

tasosquesta
01-13-2012, 05:46 AM
I bought a used C6500 and I can not change the controller French to English. I'm new to the area of Bizhub Pro c6500.
I still have not understood the above do Command Workstation? If I use it I will have better resolution for printing or not;

dljorg
04-04-2012, 10:58 PM
You have to reload the Fiery system software I believe to change the language. The language choice is made in the second screen of the reload procedure.

KenB
04-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Dljorg is correct - the only way to change the language is to re-install the system software.

emujo
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Not quite...It helps to speak french to get it back to english, but you don't have to...We had one that someone accidently put into Japanese and we were able to get it back to English...You just have to do a factory reset from the Admin menu...Trick is to know which # to press since you cant read french..after the system reboots it will come back in English and you can proceed from there..I will be setting up a Fiery later on this afternoon..I will follow up with the correct # to select...BTW it shouldn't be to hard to guess..the french menu should be easier to follow than Japanese.."Le factory resetavue" or something similar..Sorry if I offend our fellow French techs..Emujo

PS Since I dont work on the C6500, I am assuming the controller is a Fiery, and not a CREO or something else, and the interface is similar to the Bizhub Office Systems.

emujo
04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Here's how you do it if you can't read the language...

Open controller main menu interface
Press Lower Left Icon (Menu)
Press Down Arrow once
Press top right button
Press 4th button down on right
Enter Password
Press down arrow once
Press 2nd button down on right
Press 4th button down on right

This will start the factory reset. The controller will reboot and come back n English.

Again, the C6500 has 3 different controllers available, IC 304 (external CREO), 305 (External Fiery), and 408 (embedded Fiery controller) I hope you have the latter for this to work. Emujo

KenB
04-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info, Emujo. I was not aware of that.

On the older Fieries that you had to re-install to change the language; obviously that has changed since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Tonerbomb
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
KenB you are correct for the ancient one's. But I'm wondering about CWS 5.1 and the newer one's.... I'll have to check on this.

Custom Search