PDA

View Full Version : Konica C252 "Misfeed detected. Remove misfeed at circle"

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
01-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi, i am recieving this message everytime the c252 comes out of sleep mode/Power save. When i lift the platen cover and close it again it goes away but it is starting to become a nuisance. i cant seem to see anything that should be throwing this up. Has anyone seen this before?

Many Thanks folks.

CKiiza
01-13-2012, 09:24 AM
There should be something that should be something abstracting the sensor so check the sensor(S) in that region,
if you can't find anything unplug a sensor else where on that path to see the way the machine says about it.
Otherwise trace that cable back to the PRCB and check the components in that space if they r working well that i after checking and switching the sensor with a properly working one.

Avskrap
01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
If you're facing the machine, on the right hand side of the ADF there's a reflector and a sensor underneath the cover. Clean that reflector and try getting the sensor as clean as possible, it's quite a hassle since it's quite deep down. Also, try cleaning the scanner glass, this has solved alot of weird problems for me with the ADF on C250/C252/C450s.

EarthKmTech
01-13-2012, 11:07 AM
very common on machines using that document feeder. Avskrap is correct, but i clean all the sensors and reflectors on every visit, the reflector in the lower side of the rhs of the document feeder seems to get the dirtiest though and is the usual culprit.

Lasersupplies
01-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Has anyone got an image of where these reflectors are located? Not use to working with konicas...many thanks again ;)

Avskrap
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
1. imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com/lLKWw)
2. imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com/I8NoP)
3. imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com/ojKIb)

There are the sensor and reflector locations. The third pic shows the location of the sensor deep down, as said it's quite a hassle getting to it, but with some effort you'll get it. Or massive amounts of compressed air :p

EarthKmTech
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
every technician should have a hurricane blower bulb :cool:

I think i can expect about 1000psi pressure out of mine now with the constant excersize i get with it.

Lasersupplies
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks very much for the effort and the pictures, also the great advice. I put compressed air through it and the problem is solved... however lol
it is now saying that there is a misfeed at the ADF1386113862 side I took the cover off and when we put it back we received the message. I have inserted the two images of the message and the cover removed.

Any ideas? Once again thanks for the magnificient help

Lasersupplies
01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Problem sorted it was due to a piece that I hadn't put back on! Once again thanks for the great help.

Avskrap
01-13-2012, 09:35 PM
No problem at all. Just glad it worked out for you :)

Custom Search