PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 920

Custom Search

Micheal
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
We have a KonicaMinolta 920.
I am having a hard time setting the envelope size to print correctly.
It appears as though the printer/copier does not have a setting for the desired size envelope.
When in Word, I can get it to print from envelopes and label.
However I have to set the printing distance for delivery address to some odd setting just to get it to print close to the spot I want it.
Does anyone else have this issue?

RockETop
11-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Envelopes are not a specified paper type for the 920.

random
11-02-2007, 09:05 PM
How are you setting the page size in word? If you are using a custom size this virtually never works. A way around this (if the print is local i.e peer to peer) got to printers in control panel right click and select 'server properties' and create a new form (paper size) and name it something you can remeber like 'my envelope' or something. Put in your envelope size and try that .

The new size should appear in your page setup and paper print size options.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116&stc=1&d=1194033816

If your printing via a share this will not work.

Micheal
11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes sorry, forgot to mention it is a shared printer for the whole office.
But I didn't think, will the page size in word effect where address is printed on the envelope?

random
11-02-2007, 09:17 PM
what does the print preview look like?

Micheal
11-02-2007, 09:46 PM
The Print preview when printing envelopes and you are placing address and return address, looks normal. Using a size 10 envelope (9.5 X 4.125) both address and return address both appear to print on the envelope aprox. 2 inches below where you would want them. Leaving the default setting or auto, causes delivery address to print off the bottom edge.
I have to set Delivery address to (4in) from left and (.25in) from top to get it to print in what would be a normal position. Since we use preprinted return addresses, I just select omit for that. And with these settings, the preview still appears normal.

random
11-02-2007, 09:53 PM
if it looks ok in the print preview then it should be fine. What size are you setting the machine to?

Micheal
11-02-2007, 10:00 PM
That's just it, I can't seem to find any place to set size. The machine only refers to copy and scan settings. No Print settings.
I am doing the setting from inside words label and envelopes.
I did look thru web interface and didn't see anything there.

random
11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
well for one thing you will have to use the bypass tray and put in the exact measurments for your envelopes. You can specify any size, can't remeber where it is but if you put something in the bypass the screen should switch to bypass setting and there should be a size button on the screen and custom size.

konisolver
11-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Envelopes are not supported for this unit.

random
11-03-2007, 09:34 PM
looks like your envelope is a bit too small Min / Max size (mm): 128 mm x 139,7 mm / 297 mm x 431,8 mm. Your envelope is 105x241.

Custom Search