PDA

View Full Version : CQ PCQ BH 350

Custom Search

acsolutions
01-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Hello,
I have a BH 350 that was getting very light copies and prints,the sky shot was also very gray. Two month ago I replace the drum unit, Dev. assembly and dev. powder for the same problem ( the life had ended on drum and Dev.100K). looked at the ATDC level was at 7% which was good and checked to see the level after adding toner which jumped to 10% and erred out the machine, then did a developer change and the copies looked great! When I looked at the toner in the dev. assy it looked slightly gray, I compared it to fresh toner from the bottle. I know this is a recycle toner technology but is it suppose to look slightly gray? I am not sure whats causing the problem but the only thing I can think of is bad toner, the customer gets it form us and it might be generic. Thanks

acusso1234
01-15-2012, 09:19 AM
If you are sure that your PM was made in the right way I think the toner is the problem. I've done lots of pm kits on those boxes and never seen problems like your.

acsolutions
01-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I don't see what I could have done wrong! New everything, cleared the special parts counter and did a F8, no problems until two months later. Thanks

RRodgers
01-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Hello,
I have a BH 350 that was getting very light copies and prints,the sky shot was also very gray. Two month ago I replace the drum unit, Dev. assembly and dev. powder for the same problem ( the life had ended on drum and Dev.100K). looked at the ATDC level was at 7% which was good and checked to see the level after adding toner which jumped to 10% and erred out the machine, then did a developer change and the copies looked great! When I looked at the toner in the dev. assy it looked slightly gray, I compared it to fresh toner from the bottle. I know this is a recycle toner technology but is it suppose to look slightly gray? I am not sure whats causing the problem but the only thing I can think of is bad toner, the customer gets it form us and it might be generic. Thanks

Grey dev is usually paper dust. Do they run crappy recycled paper? I'd start with that. You can make some sky shots to help clean it out some and hope that will fix it or just change the dev only after they change there paper.

Custom Search