PDA

View Full Version : Broken ADU Locking Cam on C6500

Custom Search

seniortech
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I have a customer who has somehow broken the white ADU locklng cam (65AA50320) I can only assume by forcing the green lever or by trying to shut it in the wrong position. If you remove the ADU cover and look up underneath there is really nothing left of the cam, and because of the damage it looks like the release and locking cams have come out of position but I cannot find a disassembly procedure to remove or adjust this unit in the service maniual, can anyone help or give any tips.

Thanks

seeb
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
You will definitely need a hammer and small punch, because there are a couple of spring pins that will need to removed on that shaft.

seniortech
01-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi seeb

have you any info on disassembling the shaft, it looks to me the cams can go in different ways, at the moment all I can see is broken plastic and I have nothing to compare it too at this time :(

Thanks

seeb
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I personally have not seen a written procedure for disassembling this assembly. I just took alot of pictures using my smartphone as I took it apart and compared it to the exploded view in the parts catalog . Good Luck!

dljorg
04-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Replacing the cam is not hard but the question is why?

The thing is supposed to prevent the ADU opening in certain situations. If you trust your customer not to be too foolish just leave it broken.

Northwestservice
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
i have one to replace next week. Trust a customer is asking for trouble. i can tell you that there is a pivot piont on the frame of the machine the flat side of the white plastic goes to the rear and rounded side goes towards the front. i was told to look at the parts manual but it looks like a reversed image but its close....

Custom Search