PDA

View Full Version : Locks up after one print every time

Custom Search

blackcat4866
01-18-2012, 02:31 AM
I know there was another thread about this recently, but I can't seem to locate it.

My machine is a bizhub C280. It would print once, then display "Unable to complete print job." with the blue light blinking. Reboot the machine and you can have one more, then the message. Interestingly, print captures sent via LPR jar would go through just fine, as many as you like, until a job was sent from the driver.

The solution for my problem was going to the web interface > admin login > TCP/IP > select 100MBs Full Duplex > OK. The standard setting of "Any" didn't seem to work so well. The 10MBs Full Duplex allowed printing, but interfered with interaction with the Web interface. The web page would frequently time out before the changes could be stored.

I read a lot of posts here, and it's reached the point that I don't know if I thought of it myself or read it in a thread. In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter. I'd like to give the proper credit, so if you already posted this solution, my hat's off to you. If not, here's a heads up.
=^..^=

sprdav
01-19-2012, 04:21 AM
upate frimware, and be sure you are using the proper driver for the application

mrwho
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
If you solved your problem my fiddling with the network speed settings, then I'd bet a beer on how the problem is related to your machine's network connection.

I'd put it backl on "Any" or "Auto" and test it with your laptop with a crossover cable and then on another completely different network outlet, preferably one where there is another equipment connected to confirm operation.

blackcat4866
01-20-2012, 01:11 AM
If you solved your problem by fiddling with the network speed settings, then I'd bet a beer on how the problem is related to your machine's network connection ...

I agree. But the C250 worked just fine on the same connection, with the same cable.

... I'd put it backl on "Any" or "Auto" and test it with your laptop with a crossover cable and then on another completely different network outlet, preferably one where there is another equipment connected to confirm operation.

The different network port didn't make any difference. Neither did three other network cables, and removing the surge suppressor from the connection. As a test I may try the laptop via crossover with "Any" network speed, but personally I have no problem with changing the network speed, and I won't be putting it back permanently.

If it works it's good enough for me. =^..^=

mervyn
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
You may need to change the ip address to a different address . I had a C552 doing this and there was a job being continuously sent on their network from a linux box that was locking the machine . Change of address solved it . Good luck .

blackcat4866
01-21-2012, 03:44 AM
You may need to change the ip address to a different address . I had a C552 doing this and there was a job being continuously sent on their network from a linux box that was locking the machine . Change of address solved it . Good luck .

That must be a good idea, because I thought of it too. I tried 192.168.1.50, 192.168.1.51, and 192.168.1.200
Same results with all three. 1.51 was the original printers IP, so I know it's not duped, and NetScan showed that all three of these are unused.

Thanks for the comments. =^..^=

TheOwl
01-22-2012, 10:07 PM
You didn't happen to get a look at the switch infrastructure did you?

Generally if you have problems like that, then the switch (or in some cases that I have found, the hub) is having troubles negotiating the network speed. This can also be caused by the fact that the C280 is Gigabit enabled, but older switch equipment won't understand the first negotiation of 1000Mbit and give up on trying to make a connection.

blackcat4866
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
You didn't happen to get a look at the switch infrastructure did you?

Generally if you have problems like that, then the switch (or in some cases that I have found, the hub) is having troubles negotiating the network speed. This can also be caused by the fact that the C280 is Gigabit enabled, but older switch equipment won't understand the first negotiation of 1000Mbit and give up on trying to make a connection.

I sure didn't. That's way over my head. This network is undoubtedly older equipment. I did notice the 1GB network speed option and wondered about the older equipment understanding that option.

That explanation helps me understand. Exactly how would I investigate the network switch capabilities? Does the switch have it's own IP address/web interface like a router? Or do I have to root around in the maintenance closet and spider webs to physically locate the equipment?
=^..^=

TheOwl
01-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Managed Switches will have an IP Address but are generally locked down.

Maybe you should grab some bug spray and go for a wonder... lol

I generally look directly at the switch itself as 99.9999% of the time, the switch or hub will have the network speeds written on them.

Glaander
01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
since is driver problem, I found this is driver release notes for Pagepro but you might as well try this in the driver setting, I meant nothing hurt to try

Notes for PS driver
===================

- There are the following limitations for "Booklet" printing:

Configure "Property" -> "Advanced Tab" -> "Postscript pass through" to "Disable" and print.
It may not be printed properly with specifying "gradient" for "fill color" with Microsoft Office applications.

- If the spool data exceeds few hundred mega bytes, it may cause a warning
(insufficient memory) upon your system environment.
To solve this problem, turn the following option disabled.
Advanced Tab -> Advanced Printing Features
Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Enable advanced printing features

- "Booklet" cannot be used with the following setting.
Port: SMB or Internet Port
Advanced Tab -> Advanced Printing Features: Disabled
Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Enable advanced printing features: Not checked

- In the "Point and Print" environment (Server:Win2003Server, Client:WinXP), there is
a case that the "Collate" function of printer driver may not work when using Microsoft Word.
In such case, please print with application's collate ON.

- In File Maker 4.0, please set the "Binding Position" from Printers folder.

Notes for PCL driver
====================

- In CorelDRAW application, it will take long time to print the document or cause "PCL XL
error (InsufficientMemory)" if the pattern like gradation is used to fill the object.
To solve this problem, please set CorelDRAW option as follows;
File->Print->Misc : Check "Rasterize entire page"

- In Microsoft Publisher, the document file may be closed unexpectedly.
See following technical information to solve it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;ja;828073

- In Microsoft Publisher, imported JPEG image may be printed upside down.
In this case, please resize the image in another application prior to import into Publisher.

blackcat4866
01-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks for looking this up Glaander.

I'm using the PCL driver, and it's affecting prints from every application I could find and the printer test page, not just Coreldraw & Microsoft Publisher. And once the network speed was changed the problem entirely disappeared. I'd have a very hard time blaming the driver with this information. =^..^=

Custom Search