PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Bizhub C652 FS-526 Stapler Error C1109

Custom Search

Eresources
01-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

This errors occurring only when doing the 2 position staple job. It does the first staple, moves to the next position, then calls the C1109 error. All motors test fine, replaced sensor and stapler harnesses, replaced all sensors, replace finisher mainboard, firmware to B8 and D1 versions, still faulting when stapling. Have tried another copier and another horizontal transport unit as well with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

sprdav
01-19-2012, 04:47 AM
check the guide or rail the stapler moves on, i had the same problem and the rail was bent, stapler was jamming up

emujo
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Remove the rear cover of the finisher and watch the staple process. You will see the stapler hanging up on 1 or more of the white plastic arms that (for some unknown reason) hang directly in the path of the stapler. These should move out of the way, but occasionaly don't. I usually just remove (read "break off") the offending arm. Emujo

jonw
01-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Had same problem 2 weeks ago WD40 on the shaft it runs on did the trick

EarthKmTech
01-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Remove the rear cover of the finisher and watch the staple process. You will see the stapler hanging up on 1 or more of the white plastic arms that (for some unknown reason) hang directly in the path of the stapler. These should move out of the way, but occasionaly don't. I usually just remove (read "break off") the offending arm. Emujo

When i see the stapler hanging on these white triangle shaped guides front or rear i take that shaft out and remove both then reinstall the shaft. I dont know why they are even there, they dont even touch the paper. i assume its for thin crappy chinese paper that most of the world doesnt even use.

(care must be taken when reinstalling the shaft so as to have all containing components in the correct orrientation)

Alot of people also prefere to just snap them off, which works too, but ive had plastic fragments fly off and then jam other components in the past....

Eresources
01-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks for your responses guys.

I've checked the rails and we've already removed the white plastic pieces. There's no shaft in the staple unit.

It's very strange because the stapler works fine when doing corner stapling at either end but it fails when doing 2 position.

I wondered if the firmware on the finisher mainboard was different due to the microprocessor change but I've verified that we have the correct one.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Eresources
01-24-2012, 05:25 AM
We got it fixed.

It turns out that the plate that the movement motor is attached to has an adjustment on it. There are 2 small black rollers that are on the adjustment plate which roll on the back of the rail that the white gear from the movement motor runs on. If those black rollers are not tight enough against the rail, the stapler has too much play in it and it causes a timing error for the stapler.

The copier reports it as a staple clincher motor error instead of a movement timing failure. AND there's no mention of this adjustment in the service manuals or the KM knowledge base.

All's well that ends well.:cool:

Custom Search