PDA

View Full Version : Chip Ressetting

Custom Search

pepper38_cnd
11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Is anyone using the Resetting tool or software from NVRAM? I am using another tool and software that doesn't reset the OEM chips on C250/252/300/352 I would be interested in some feed back on the merits of their device, or even if you would be willing to share with me what you are using. Please email me at nmurphy1@sympatico.ca

random
11-05-2007, 05:15 AM
it doesn't have the facilty to reset those chips or you try to reset those chips and it doesn't work?

Bizhub
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
What are you trying to do ?
We supply the hardware and software to reset iu chips for the C250/252/300/352 style of machines.
NVRam can only be repaired but you can loose the counts, we can repair the nvram or supply instructions but we will not supply information to people who wish to zero the total counters as this is illegal.

Regards
Bizhub

pepper38_cnd
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Yes BIZHUB I am only interested in resetting IU Chips, NOT TOTAL COUNTERS.

What I am trying to do is confirm with someone who is already using this device that it works, before I lay out the cash to buy one.

Maybe you can supply me a couple of references in North America?

Bizhub
11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I have contacted someone in the states and he will let you know his thoughts on the resetter.
I do not give out customers details to anyone. We keep all details private.

But if anyone on Copytechnet who has purchased from us wants to leave any feed-back for others then please do.

Regards

Bizhub

JSC
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I am happy to recommed 'Bizhub' I have used their sevices for chip resetting and nvram repair and have had no problems.:)

pepper38_cnd
11-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks , that is what I am looking for. Just
a little positive feedback.

pcjones
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
We're also using Bizhub's resetter for the C250/252/300/352 I.U. and are happy with it.

mitchl
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes BIZHUB I am only interested in resetting IU Chips, NOT TOTAL COUNTERS.

What I am trying to do is confirm with someone who is already using this device that it works, before I lay out the cash to buy one.

Maybe you can supply me a couple of references in North America?

Hello Pepper38, I have a reset tool from Bizhub and the thing is great! I'm not trying to build up anything here but the tool does exactly as advertised and it does it quickly and efficiently. The great part is you can start collecting chips(off IU's and toner cart.), have them loaded and in a car stock saving both time and mileage expenses. I have had mine for 2 or 3 months now and its paid for itself 20 times over and as a business owner you got to love that. If you have any specific questions P.M. me and I will be glad to help!
Mitch

peter
02-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Hello Pepper38, I have a reset tool from Bizhub and the thing is great! I'm not trying to build up anything here but the tool does exactly as advertised and it does it quickly and efficiently. The great part is you can start collecting chips(off IU's and toner cart.), have them loaded and in a car stock saving both time and mileage expenses. I have had mine for 2 or 3 months now and its paid for itself 20 times over and as a business owner you got to love that. If you have any specific questions P.M. me and I will be glad to help!
Mitch

Hi Mitch I have also purchased resetter from bizhub purely for the reason
of resetting DSQ8/DS2431 chips ,But bizhubs resetter does not reset eprom page (page 1) of these chips !!
I dont understand how you can say that yours is working ??
I have been resetting DS2432 chips for a long time with no problems.
After resetting a DSQ8 and a DS2432 chip the only difference on the chips
is the F8 FC FF FF etc in page 1 on DSQ8 chip and FF FF FF etc in page 1 on DS2432 chip, Everything else looks the same yet DS2432 works all the time and DSQ8 Does not work??
Bizhub tells me that eprom page (page 1) does not matter which is Bullshit.
I can assure you that if you can not fully restore status page of DSQ8 chip then you can forget about resetting this chip!!
I do know that you can program a new DSQ8 chip from a toner cartridge and use it to work on IU and this does work??
Reason for this is because Eprom page is already in its reset state (FF FF FF etc) wich proves the above information to be correct!!
Why are you guys bullshitting everybody else?????

mitchl
02-25-2008, 10:45 PM
of resetting DSQ8/DS2431 chips ,But bizhubs resetter does not reset eprom page (page 1) of these chips !!
is the F8 FC FF FF etc in page 1 on DSQ8 chip and FF FF FF etc in page 1 on DS2432 chip, Everything else looks the same yet DS2432 works all the time and DSQ8 Does not work??
I can assure you that if you can not fully restore status page of DSQ8 chip then you can forget about resetting this chip!!
I do know that you can program a new DSQ8 chip from a toner cartridge and use it to work on IU and this does work??
Reason for this is because Eprom page is already in its reset state (FF FF FF etc) wich proves the above information to be correct!!

I dont know what to tell ya brother, we reset chips on a daily basis with Bizhubs resetter and it works great, hell we even reset toner chips from the Imagistics(Oce) machines which allows us to use the Minolta toner and not their proprietary toner. Not sure what your doing wrong but here's my IT guy Bobby's email address, he does all the resetting so you may want to talk to him and get it figured out............. and that's no BULLSHIT!:rolleyes: bobbyb@akitacopy.com

abrasax
03-13-2008, 02:52 PM

Tell me, whats's the name software who you reseting the DS2432 and read DSQ8 ??? Where is it, when i download ?

mitchl
03-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Tell me, whats's the name software who you reseting the DS2432 and read DSQ8 ??? Where is it, when i download ?
It comes with the resetter and the great part is you can add files for the different brands IU's and toner when you happen to get your hands on them. Downloading the files is not an option as this is developers software and definitely isn't shareware.

907tec
03-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Bizhub,

I am a little confused as to the capabilities of your device, could you please list all of the Konica/Minolta imaging units that i can reset with it? I am mainly interested in image unit resets on the following machines, but a few others would be helpful:
c250
c350
c351
c450

thanks in advance,
907tec

mitchl
03-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Bizhub,

I am a little confused as to the capabilities of your device, could you please list all of the Konica/Minolta imaging units that i can reset with it? I am mainly interested in image unit resets on the following machines, but a few others would be helpful:
c250
c350
c351
c450

thanks in advance,
907tec

This unit covers the laser based machines 250,252,352,353,451,550,650 for the LED based machines I have a Color Saver unit that both resets the Minolta units as well as any other machines like Kyocera , Imagistics, etc. This thing is pretty cool you can take a konica IU and convert it to a Minolta IU by pushing the button, in essence it makes the IU's for these machines universal by just pushing a button and the whole process takes less than 5 seconds per IU! These things are expensive though they sell for 2k plus but it has paid for itself 100 times over and is by far the best re setter I have seen for the LED machine including the 2001/2002/3102, there so easy a caveman can do it!......... KM has got to hate these guys but then again they shouldn't have you throw IU's away at half their life left which is whats happening, hell even if you have a failure 10k after reset you still have saved a bunch cost wise and added mucho profitability when you consider the entire fleet of machines that you service.

chuckt528
04-25-2008, 09:05 PM
HEY BIZHUB, we are a new start up and can't justify the cost for a resetter. Would you sell reset chips or maybe reset ours (for a charge, of course)? Please let me know
cisolutions@att.net
Thanks

ni311
07-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Reset your Imaging units from Minolta CF models like CF 2002, 3102, 2001, 1501, Bizhub C 350/351/450 and all the Imagistics, Konica, Develop, Olivetti and OCE models that are like the Minolta CF models.

DadO
07-07-2008, 07:04 AM
U can try few combination of short circuit :) if u are brave enough ;)

p.s.
myne didn't work :)

charlie eglinton
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Is anyone using the Resetting tool or software from NVRAM? I am using another tool and software that doesn't reset the OEM chips on C250/252/300/352 I would be interested in some feed back on the merits of their device, or even if you would be willing to share with me what you are using. Please email me at nmurphy1@sympatico.ca

Hi,Neil:
Thanks for helping out resetting those chips.
I have some new Minolta cf2002 imaging units (IU). I took out their IU chips and replaced with respective Konica 8020 chips. It appears that the Konica 8020 copier can't recognize the new IU. I thought I could use their IU(ie.Minolta CF2002) provided I have the right chip (ie.Konica 8020).Any tricks? Pls help/comment. Thanks.
Charlie

pepper38_cnd
10-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I have never tried changing a cf 2002 IU to a 8020 myself but I would have mad the same assumption as you that only the chip was different. Now what may be happening and this i why I never recommend rechipping a unit more than once is this. The IU have serial numbers stored on the chip the machine knows the last IU serial number that called for replacement, if it was a rechip the next rechip will have the same number and the machine will think you put the old unit back in. What you wanted to do may have worked if you changed unit before it called for the IU. I am only guessing I'm not sure about those units, but I know what I just described does happen on the C300 and C352.

ni311
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Sorry pepper but you're wrong. If you would take a look at the bin file, you'll see that every new unit has the same data. I'm talking about the CF series and C350/351/450 only. I'm not sure about C300/352, I don't have the dumps.

Bizhub
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Sorry pepper but you're wrong. If you would take a look at the bin file, you'll see that every new unit has the same data. I'm talking about the CF series and C350/351/450 only. I'm not sure about C300/352, I don't have the dumps.

Hi Neil

Hope you are well , If you need any info on the C250/252 300/352 series resetters let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Bizhub

Chip-Life IU Resetter and Technical Site provided by Bravenet.com (http://WWW.CHIP-LIFE.COM)

pepper38_cnd
10-07-2008, 11:05 PM
ni311

Like I said I am not sure about those units, but I am certain about the C300/C352/C250/C252 if you check the management list the IU serial numbers are listed if they are not on the chip where is the machine getting the numbers from? That is one of the reasons the manufacturer requires a copy of the management list when ever a warranty claim is made on an IU.

pepper38_cnd
10-08-2008, 10:06 PM

ni311

I don't claim to be an eprom expert but I do know the IU Lot# or serial # depending on model is also on the chip. I rechipped a C350 today and I printed a report before and after rechipping if you take a look you will see the IU Lot# for the black IU changes after being rechipped. I know if you compare dump files they look the same, but you don't actually get to see every bit segment on the chip perhaps a good hex editor compare program would show you where the lot number is different.

ni311
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Pepper, I don't want to argue with you but I can tell for sure that on the CF series and C350/351/450, the units are working with their chip resetted until they are running out of developer or the drum get scratched. I'm using for years and I never got one error because of the chip.

Now what may be happening and this i why I never recommend rechipping a unit more than once is this. The IU have serial numbers stored on the chip the machine knows the last IU serial number that called for replacement, if it was a rechip the next rechip will have the same number and the machine will think you put the old unit back in.

So, if the unit is rechipped only once, won't be the same s/n on it? Do you believe that the copier is checking the serial and if it was used already but only once it's ok, but if it was seen twice or more, the problems appear?!

Anyway, I believe the problem is the difference between CF2002 and 8020.
Are you getting any P warning codes?

robizhub
10-11-2008, 06:46 AM
For C250 and c 550
Ok I buy the chip reseter then I reset the tonner chip and refill them; then the the image units .
But I want to find the folowing:
where I can buy tonner for refil an drums(or a rebuild kit) for image units because a image unit can last for ever!
:confused:
Tanks:

ni311
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
where I can buy tonner for refil an drums(or a rebuild kit) for image units because a image unit can last for ever!
Tanks:
First, are you using a resetter now or are you intend to buy one?
Second, I believe you need the developer and not the toner to refill the imaging units. Unfortunately the IU won't last forever, at some point the drum will be damaged but it will last much longer if you reset it compared with the estimated period of life give by KM.

wavetrain
11-11-2008, 09:46 AM

Re the DS2432.

I looked at the spec at maxim.com and I note it has a 64bit laser etched unique ID, a 64bit secret and a SHa-1 engine.

Peter mentioned in his post he has been reprogramming Ds2432 chips, has he done so without needing Kinonica's private encription key?

pepper38_cnd
11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
You guys are making this a lot more complicated then it has to be. Who cares what is going on inside the chip? If you use the programmer as instructed, when the chips are put into the IU and the IU into the machine it works! Thats the end of the story.

wavetrain
11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
You guys are making this a lot more complicated then it has to be. Who cares what is going on inside the chip? If you use the programmer as instructed, when the chips are put into the IU and the IU into the machine it works! Thats the end of the story.

Well as being an Electronics Engineer is one of my trades, I cannot help being interested, secondly I do not have a programmer. I could hook up an interface to read the chip, but as I wrote before, I am not sure about writing to a DS2432.

ck1
11-12-2008, 02:10 PM
What are you trying to do ?
We supply the hardware and software to reset iu chips for the C250/252/300/352 style of machines.
NVRam can only be repaired but you can loose the counts, we can repair the nvram or supply instructions but we will not supply information to people who wish to zero the total counters as this is illegal.

Regards
Bizhub

Hi Bizhub,
i have one NVram error can you repair or supply it ? kindly contact at PM i need repaired it as the new for spare thanks

peter
01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi All

Software is available from Lapatushka to fully reset and restore both DS2432 & DSQ8 chips .Tested and working 100%

pepper38_cnd
01-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi All

Software is available from Lapatushka to fully reset and restore both DS2432 & DSQ8 chips .Tested and working 100%

Thanks Peter

I checked out Lapatushka site and didn't see anything there referring to the DSQ8. But strangely he list the C250 and the C350 with the same programmer? Anyway Peter if you could send me a link to the reference for programming the DSQ8 I would appreciate it.

Thanks

peter
01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi pepper38

I dont know why he doessnt update his webbsite ,send him an email for enqiury on DS243X Restorer Software

Well worth the money!

elton
03-19-2009, 07:20 PM
hi elton here i have a resetter for the 250/252/300/352/450/350/2203 any way i can reset all the machine except the newer models if u r interested pls let me know my email is elalex30@gmail.com

elton
03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
i can also reset the dsq chips

vdwind
04-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi All

Not all DSQ8 chips can be resetted. There are DSQ8 chips which are write protected and you can modify only the counters, and cannot change the serial nimber of the chip, with any software. Which means that you can use the chip, but on another machine, because the one which you take it from will recognize its serial immediately.

If you go and read the device datasheet, there is clearly said that once write protection flags are set to AA or 55, they never can be modified. They are one time set only - and these traders who offer here resetters that reset "everything" are LIARS !!!!

You can use their software and resetters only if you have non write protected chip with secret free to change.

Tested and NOT 100% working !!!

pepper38_cnd
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
You are absolutely correct. But the chance of using the chip in the same machine it was removed from are slim unless of course you only have one machine, and as long as you only re-chip once and then install a new IU then the chip is usable again.

kmchips
09-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Australia & New Zealand!!

Kmchips.com has Konica Minolta C203 Reset Chips As well as many others.

www.kmchips.com

Phill.Harden
10-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate some help with these questions.
Could anybody help with the data file(s) for writing the Imaging chips?
Has anyone used CF3102 units in a Konica 8031 after exchanging chips?

Many Thanks
Phill

907tec
10-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Yes, you can use re-flashed 3102 IU's in 8031's, and vice-versa. We do it pretty regularly here, it's just like c350 and c351/450 k-iu's.

ignacio.cortez
10-13-2010, 03:29 AM
I used to work on a KonicaMinolta Dealership that used to reset chips, IMHO it is a waste of time and resources, you might be able to use the drum a bit longer but the copy quality starts to deteriorate quite a bit, you'd be lucky if you get a decent copy 1/3 of the way after the chip is reset, I dont remember the name/brand of the device they used but to me it is a Waste of Time/Resources and possibly loss of a client

shaan
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Black panel LCD Konica MInolta C350 after upgrade

digicor
12-13-2010, 06:51 PM
hi , im not trying to piggyback but i really need a blk chip for cm4520
anyone knowwhere i can get one?? please asap, thank you

MontanaUniversityProf
05-25-2018, 10:00 PM
For C250 and c 550
Ok I buy the chip reseter then I reset the tonner chip and refill them; then the the image units .
Tanks:

So for the c 550 I bought my resetter from www.kopy-kat.com/C451_550.html (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/www.kopy-kat.com/C451_550.html) and the toner I buy from either ebay or AAA toner.

rrrohan
05-27-2018, 02:12 AM
So for the c 550 I bought my resetter from www.kopy-kat.com/C451_550.html (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/www.kopy-kat.com/C451_550.html) and the toner I buy from either ebay or AAA toner.

Has anyone removed a K drum chip on the 8 series? It's no longer a screw holding it in it's like a rivet or something

lazymangr
05-29-2018, 01:16 PM
i use a solder iron to heat the metal piece and then use dual side tape to stick it there.

Custom Search