PDA

View Full Version : 2050 Network Fax problem

Custom Search

galen
01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm trying to set up the network fax on a 2050. I have loaded the drivers and the address editor. When I go to the address editor and do the search it will find the copier. But then I enter the password and it will give me a communication error. I have done the same thing with a 2550 at our office just to make sure I'm not messing something up and I can connect and change settings on the address editor with no problems. In fact it doesn't matter what password I enter on the 2550 it will let me through. Any ideas why one will let me in and the other is giving me a communication error?

aodtech
01-21-2012, 04:42 AM
By "Network Fax" are you talking about outgoing or incoming? If you want to send a fax from a pc you need to install the Network Fax driver via KPrint Port. If you want incoming faxes to go directly to a PDF or TIFF file on your PC as opposed to printing out then you have to configure that in the Fax Settings in conjunction with Scan File Utility. Neither of these methods require Address Editor.

galen
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
The customer wants to save all of their incoming and outgoing faxes in two separate files on their server. I understand where you're coming from but my problem is how do you tell the copier which computer to send the information to? Right now when I print out the network fax settings list there is no entry for the host name or ip address of the computer with the scan file utility. That's why I was using the address editor to put in those settings, but if there's another way to do it on a 2050 or it doesn't need that please let me know.

galen
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
The customer wants to save all of their incoming and outgoing faxes in two separate files on their server. I understand where you're coming from but my problem is how do you tell the copier which computer to send the information to? Right now when I print out the network fax settings list there is no entry for the host name or ip address of the computer with the scan file utility. That's why I was using the address editor to put in those settings, but if there's another way to do it on a 2050 or it doesn't need that please let me know.

aodtech
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Does the customer have the scan system installed? Separate card, separate IP address from the built in print system. Go into the scan settings via web interface using IP address of scanner and you can put in the destination info. To receive faxes into a folder instead or in addition to printing them out you configure that through the Fax, Register settings. However, you still need the Scan System F. As far as forwarding a copy of outgoing faxes to a folder, that can be done in newer machines not sure of this one.

Custom Search