PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c253 error c4151 ie rotation problem on cyan laser

Custom Search

malthus
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
hi all
have this code on c253 c4151 replaced laser unit no joy checked all connections removed and reseated .replaced ph relay board and pcb and mf board still comes with same code it does reset but as soon as stabilisation starts the code comes up.have have also done firmware upgrade ,system error clear .and spoke minolta tech no joy have had to uplift machine to workshop any one got any ideas

mo0651
01-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Did you just swap cyan printhead with another color? If error changes with printhead, printhead bad. If it stays the same, then start tracing wires and flat cables for loose connections between cyan printhead and boards.

mo0651
01-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, i think you have to open and close front door after copier is on and code showing. just turning it off/on wont clear the code.

EarthKmTech
01-20-2012, 10:24 PM
printer control board.

when the polygon motor seizes up totally they can and do blow an icp on the prcb.

laser units are to be replaced as a set - the one thats blown the ICP may not be the one that the codes refering to, theyre started up in pairs and from memory paired on icp's too.

if youve changed just one laser unit and then the prcb, i bet youve blown the new prcb too.

this is a real scenario and an example of how trying to save money, costs more money - this has happened to me in the past ;)

malthus
01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
printer control board.

when the polygon motor seizes up totally they can and do blow an icp on the prcb.

laser units are to be replaced as a set - the one thats blown the ICP may not be the one that the codes refering to, theyre started up in pairs and from memory paired on icp's too.

if youve changed just one laser unit and then the prcb, i bet youve blown the new prcb too.

this is a real scenario and an example of how trying to save money, costs more money - this has happened to me in the past ;)
what pairs fire up first is cyan and yellow or what

EarthKmTech
01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
That i cant remember, but if you get your hands on the icp list, i think youll find the fault pretty quickly. It may well be "the other one" that also uses that icp if its blown. Due to service code priorities (the machine cant display more than 1 at a time) the other laser unit on the same icp as the cyan may of been the original fault all along. (both wont attempt to spin up when that icp is blown)

malthus
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
That i cant remember, but if you get your hands on the icp list, i think youll find the fault pretty quickly. It may well be "the other one" that also uses that icp if its blown. Due to service code priorities (the machine cant display more than 1 at a time) the other laser unit on the same icp as the cyan may of been the original fault all along. (both wont attempt to spin up when that icp is blown)
cheers mate u were right icp1 was blown on both boards . managed to replace icp1 ,which by the way also includes the black which i suspect is prime suspect for the fault as cyan is 1st to fire ,icp2 controls the yellow and magenta ,muchthe same as toner agitating moters.inow have a list for icp for allkm machines thanks for your help

malthus
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
more problems after replacing icp1 on pcb and checking the board on another m/c which showed board to be ok fitted full set of laser units blew the icp1 again help

EarthKmTech
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I dont have the icp list on me, what else is on icp 1?

if its just the cyan and black polygon motors i'm going to have to assume its a cabling failure, whereby the cabling has been snagged and shorted to ground on the chassis.

also tripple check there are no bent and crushed pins at the relay board in front of the printheads where they plug in.

from memory that relay board and the ribbon cable(s) that runs from it to the back of the machine arent very expensive so i'd be getting those ordered.

rgbrock
05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
cheers mate u were right icp1 was blown on both boards . managed to replace icp1 ,which by the way also includes the black which i suspect is prime suspect for the fault as cyan is 1st to fire ,icp2 controls the yellow and magenta ,muchthe same as toner agitating moters.inow have a list for icp for allkm machines thanks for your help

Hi

I just changed a black Ph unit because of a quality fault but am now getting C4151. I have swapped units around and even put the old unit back and am still getting the fault so i am now at the point of replacing the Print control board. Could you give me some idea of what and where the Icp is on the board so i can attempt a repair.

Many thanks

copierkats
11-22-2014, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE=malthus;270521]cheers mate u were right icp1 was blown on both boards . managed to replace icp1 ,which by the way also includes the black which i suspect is prime suspect for the fault as cyan is 1st to fire ,icp2 controls the yellow and magenta ,muchthe same as toner agitating moters.inow have a list for icp for allkm machines thanks for your help[/QUOTE

i know about the prcb board that have icp's but where is the other board that you change the icp
and why dont you use the terminology of a fuse Instead of icp.

Custom Search