PDA

View Full Version : CS 4550ci Wont make color copies or prints.

Custom Search

CompyTech
01-21-2012, 05:57 AM
This box has been a nightmare form setup. First it had horrible color on the color calibration patterns. Another tech updated firmware then removed the front cover or something(I dunno what he did). Now it wont run any color prints. I have look through this machine, nothing seems out of place. It is also making a weird ticking/clunk noise coming from the left side of the machine. We replaced the transfer belt unit as per tech supt. This did not solve the problem. Sounds like a bad MainPCB. Anyone else run in to this problem?

blackcat4866
01-21-2012, 11:38 AM
.... It is also making a weird ticking/clunk noise coming from the left side of the machine. We replaced the transfer belt unit as per tech supt. This did not solve the problem. Sounds like a bad MainPCB...

Is this the same front cover that has the shutters that are opened to allow waste toner to exit into the waste bottle? That could be a problem. A big problem.

If the waste toner cannot exit the cleaning units, it will back up the drum cleaning units and seize them. The only reason you have black image is that it took a little longer to seize.

My recommendation is to re-install the front cover and confirm that the shutters are working. I believe that it's a 1/4 turn CW to open each shutter. Then you'll probably have to replace all of the drum units and do a color calibration.

=^..^=

CompyTech
01-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for your help. We will check that area again to see if its clogged.

:)

CompyTech
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
We're trying to get support, still for this machine. It doesn't seem like the color dev. units are functioning. There is black toner in the waste toner bottle. Any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions.. :confused:

update:

Ok, so I called tech support. They told me the Engine PWB could be bad. I was told the CMY Release motor was not turning on, (there for the X-fer belt was replaced), this did not solve the problem. Well I checked the EPWB connector YC3 Pin A7 for 24v DC. That checked out Ok. So it can't be the board. The harness perhaps? Or another bad X-fer belt? I still think its bad color Dev units. Who knows... Our DSM is coming out to site this week, hopefully we can troubleshoot this thing together. I'm still open to ideas. Thanks. :)

Custom Search