PDA

View Full Version : c500 AGAIN!!! SC 29-08

Custom Search

copierlady
01-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Getting a sc 29-08 code on this machine. Swapped out the (c) dv unit no good still got code. Reinstalled the original dv unit, and changed the gamma sensor ps11 still no good. Any ideas befor i go to the main board? Starting to hate this machine! Thanks

JSC
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Getting a sc 29-08 code on this machine. Swapped out the (c) dv unit no good still got code. Reinstalled the original dv unit, and changed the gamma sensor ps11 still no good. Any ideas befor i go to the main board? Starting to hate this machine! Thanks

29-08 is Magenta not Cyan!!:o

29-08 Dmax control /M resulted in an
abnormality.
Printer control board (PRCB)
Developing unit /M
Gamma sensor (PS11)

copierlady
01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=JSC;270321]29-08 is Magenta not Cyan!!:o

YA I REALIZED THAT LATE SAT. NITE. SOMEONE WAS READING FROM THE MANUAL TO ME AND SKIPPED TO THE NEXT LINE BY MISTAKE:p
SC 29-08 CODE WENT AWAY BUT, NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING I HAD DONE, EXECEPT UNPLUG IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. BUT NOW.......I AM GETTING SC 45-20. I TRIED AUTO COLOR REGISTRATION (GOT ERROR2). SENSORS ARE ALL CLEAN. I ALSO TRYED EXCHANGING THE TRANSFER BELT UNIT JUST TO SEE IF THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM SAME CODE- SAME RESULTS IN AUTO COLOR REGISTRATION ADJUST. COULD IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT I CHANGED THE GAMMA SENSOR 11? DID I READ SOMETHING IN THE MANUAL THAT SAID THAT COULD NOT BE DONE IN THE FIELD? THANKS!

JSC
01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE]

YA I REALIZED THAT LATE SAT. NITE. SOMEONE WAS READING FROM THE MANUAL TO ME AND SKIPPED TO THE NEXT LINE BY MISTAKE:p
SC 29-08 CODE WENT AWAY BUT, NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING I HAD DONE, EXECEPT UNPLUG IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. BUT NOW.......I AM GETTING SC 45-20. I TRIED AUTO COLOR REGISTRATION (GOT ERROR2). SENSORS ARE ALL CLEAN. I ALSO TRYED EXCHANGING THE TRANSFER BELT UNIT JUST TO SEE IF THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM SAME CODE- SAME RESULTS IN AUTO COLOR REGISTRATION ADJUST. COULD IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT I CHANGED THE GAMMA SENSOR 11? DID I READ SOMETHING IN THE MANUAL THAT SAID THAT COULD NOT BE DONE IN THE FIELD? THANKS!

45-20 Color registration correction
results in abnormality.
Printer control board (PRCB)
Color registration sensor /F (PS8)
Color registration sensor /R (PS9)

I have changed the Gamma Sensor before (about 3 years ago) but Im sure it came as a complete assy with the Color reg sensors etc, just make sure shutters are moving away from the sensors correctly as I have had one where the e ring had worn and the shutter was only opening half way.

Good Luck..............................Those machines can be a bloody pain!:mad:

Dougtech
01-24-2012, 02:18 AM
just speaking from experience but may not be your issue. Most recently had a 29-06 error that was fixed by a new black drum.

I mostly get those errors due to the drums. I usually track it down by stopping the machine during calibration cycle and looking at the pattern on the transfer belt. Do you have good density on the patches printed on both ends of the belt? If not you have a print density problem not registration problem and need to TS for why.

Also you can try moving the M drum to C and run the calibrations per the adjustment list. Does problem or print change?

(corona units can be swapped also)

just make sure to run the calibrations in order after you swap parts.

Almost never have had to do a main board on these.

Good Luck

RRodgers
01-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Goto into tech mode and print out density patterns for each color. run them at around 150~200 this should put enough toner on the page to see if anything is wrong (120 would work as well but is a tad light) You should have nice even toner coverage, if not.... check that color. Could be running low on toner (I see that a lot) I pull the bottle and crack the top of the dev unit open and pour in some toner. This usually fixes it and get's the machine back up and running again. But if it comes back it's probably time to change the dev for that color.

GL

PS
I have found the manual for the 8050 C500 to be wrong on the error codes, it will tell you check Cyan when you really should be looking at Yellow (or one of the other colors)

copierlady
01-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I finally got that code to clear. Sorry but i can't remember how!!! There is probably noone else working on one of these anyway! I clear a code and another one pops up. I have been through about 4 or 5 now. It is now giving me a 45-03 code and i was just wondering if the ps8 and ps9 sensors are the same. Can you swap them?
Thanks

Custom Search