PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252 intermitant C3851

Custom Search

dlfowlks
01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Hello
I am in need of some serious help, with a copier as well. I have a c252 that throws a c3851 when running 20+ sheets of ltr-r or legal paper running standard letter or ledger works fine. So far I have replace the fuser twice the PWB-M board and updated firmware and hooked a power tester up for 5 days without a power issue. since updating the firmware as well the machine now thinks it has a FS-501 instead of the FS-514 that is installed.
Thank You for any help
Dave Fowlks

EarthKmTech
01-24-2012, 11:27 PM
For fusing error code, replace the short greay multipin wiring harness between the pwb-m and the main power supply.

This is the harness that the lamp on/off signals are carried over from the M board. Any loose pins and youll get intermittant error codes from the lamps not being powered on. Quite often this harness is dammaged by technicians.

After that i would then change the main power supply itself if the fault persists.

Re the firmare, sounds like you installed c250 firmware instead of c252 fw, there IS a difference.

dlfowlks
01-25-2012, 12:32 AM
thanks for the info will get that harness ordered first think in the morning

EarthKmTech
01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
there is also the safety switch for the right hand side door mounted at the front of the machine that cuts AC power to the fusing circuit. Not to be confused with the door switch, its actually got AC wires connected to it and it has spade terminals.

I've never had one fail on this model but its another possibility.

Kmdurrin
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Hello
I am in need of some serious help, with a copier as well. I have a c252 that throws a c3851 when running 20+ sheets of ltr-r or legal paper running standard letter or ledger works fine. So far I have replace the fuser twice the PWB-M board and updated firmware and hooked a power tester up for 5 days without a power issue. since updating the firmware as well the machine now thinks it has a FS-501 instead of the FS-514 that is installed.
Thank You for any help
Dave Fowlks

If it was "life-stop" firmware, then there are a couple of SW switches that need to be changed. Check the TSB for a list.

royfrode
01-27-2012, 12:32 PM
This will help you.

ON Phase 2.0 level firmware or higher, change the softsw setting, Service Mode-> System2-> Software Switch Setting
Switch No: 50
Bit assignment: 00000001
or HEX Assignment: 01

Problem fixed.

Custom Search