PDA

View Full Version : CQ bizhub 550 cyan unit

Custom Search

acsolutions
01-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Hello, I have a machine that I replaced the cyan I/U 2 times within the last 6 months, I guess three times is a charm here is a sample of what it is doing. I'm leaning towards a high voltage unit but I would like to get some input first, any help would be great. I swapped the cyan unit from another machine and it looks great! Thanks

acsolutions
01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Hello,
I went to customer site today and checked the gradiation pattern, which was solid the first three bars. after cleaning the laser slit glass and corona wires, the three bars were noticeable and the specks went away, still washed out gray shot. Thanks

EarthKmTech
01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
pull apart one of the failed cyan iu's or look in from underneath at the charge unit to see if its been contaminated with anything. Once it has started its only a matter of time before the developer is stripped as per your print sample.

its usually the yellow that's destroyed from leaking waste toner or black developer tracking - make sure the black isn't spewing developer everywhere - if its tracking developer it will have grooves on the transfer belt in the area too and this certainly doesn't help the situation. Also make certain all HV contacts are clean and the iu's especially the black is well and truly seated properly with the mod plate installed.

Custom Search