PDA

View Full Version : Secure Print Jobs With Linux to a C280

Custom Search

oldschool
01-26-2012, 06:16 PM
We have a customer that wants to charge for print jobs at the copier op panel. That is normally done with Vendor 2 and sending a secure print job. The customer is using a company called Userful. This is a Linux based product. There are drivers for Linux at the Konica Minolta website but The Tech onsite is being told that the option to send a secure print job isn't available in the Konica Minolta Linux driver. I don't have a Linux box to test with. Does anyone else have experience with a Linux printing to a C280?

Thanks?

Kmdurrin
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I've had very little success with secure print on the mac and linux drivers. I've been able to make it work situationally, but its inconsistent at best.

oldschool
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
The tech onsite has loaded the drivers with Userful's support but no secure print feature.
When you did get it to work was it something like editing the ppd files or was there some other work around.

dallas
01-31-2012, 05:17 PM
The only way I know is to use KMPU (Print Utility for Unix).
KMPU supports Secure Print, User Authentifikation, Account Tracking, Box Printing ...

TheOwl
01-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Using the Konica Minolta Print Utility for Unix should help solve this issue.

Once you have the software installed, please make sure that you then install the C220/C280/C360 PPD and configure the software by using ./kpconfig -a

Once configured, you then need to use Kp for printing which then uses everything configured in Kpconfig as a default or you can print using Kpp which should give you a GUI version of Kp.

Download the software and you will find everything in the manual.

Custom Search