PDA

View Full Version : KonicaMInolta Question

Custom Search

Bill T.
01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I havehave an opportunity tochange jobs and begin a career with KonicaMinolta. I have been in this biz for25+ years and have never worked for a manufacture. Is there anybody here thatworks for KMBS, if so are you satisfied? This will be a huge move because whereI am right now they take good care of me but I believe the owner is planning onretiring soon. I used to work on Konica and Minolta when they were analogs andenjoyed working on them but have not seen one in many years. I have aninterview with them this week, I know the machine are good I am afterinformation about KMBS, are their employees a name or number, during annulreviews (when they have them) are the fair etc.. Thanks for any input

nmfaxman
01-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Get ready for school, school and more school.
Konica requires all techs to be as trained as possible.
I worked a branch office for 3 years and enjoyed working for them.
Promoted 4 times in 3 years.
They are a number crunching company and you compete with the whole country. (Not as bad as it sounds)
I had to leave after I became supervisor because the OT was affecting my health. 15 to 18 hour days will do that to you.
I say go for it.
Great benefits and your own territory.
Just make the numbers look good and don't go into management

emujo
01-31-2012, 01:29 AM
Ditto on the above...plus many opp to make additional money..leads, tech of month, market etc.. but numbers are looked at closley...also ensure you have a good working knowledge of the IT side of our job..everyone has to be able to diagnose/correct IT issues (some are not as quick getting there as others). Lots of vacatation company holidays etc...EMujo

EarthKmTech
01-31-2012, 10:53 AM
best job I've ever had,

some of the online training is so intensely boring you may want to shoot yourself in the head, but that urge passes quickly when you pass the test :cool:

Bill T.
02-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the reply you guys,
They are supposed to call me this week and set up an interview. There is a part of me that hopes the money is so low I will not take the offer, but there is a bigger part of me that hope the money is enough that it a no brainier. My only down fall is I am NOT IT trained, but very much want to be. The company I work for now has their own IT dept. I want to learn it, alway have. I also have played the mgt game, not interested in doing it again. Again, Thanks.

tech51
02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Get ready for school, school and more school.
Konica requires all techs to be as trained as possible.
I worked a branch office for 3 years and enjoyed working for them.
Promoted 4 times in 3 years.
They are a number crunching company and you compete with the whole country. (Not as bad as it sounds)
I had to leave after I became supervisor because the OT was affecting my health. 15 to 18 hour days will do that to you.
I say go for it.
Great benefits and your own territory.
Just make the numbers look good and don't go into management

Funny how you are thousands of miles from me (I work for KM in the UK) but the company sounds exactly the same!! They do love their numbers, but if you do a decent job and dont mess around, the benefits are what you would expect from a manufacturer.

nmfaxman
02-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Funny how you are thousands of miles from me (I work for KM in the UK) but the company sounds exactly the same!! They do love their numbers, but if you do a decent job and dont mess around, the benefits are what you would expect from a manufacturer.
They are all run by Japan methods. I worked with a tech that got tech of the year US and got lots of benies and got to go to Japan to see the manufacturing facilities. I wanted to work for the tech rep division and got stuck in management. I brought the branch out from last place in the country by 2 positions, but just got burned out by overworking.

They will send techs to IT support classes, but it is MFP specific. To learn more IT, you have to RTFB on computers and server administration.

Bill T.
02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Just had the interview Wednesday, it went really well. If we agree on the money I think I have the position. What I find hard to believe is some of the paper work they require which is last two pay stubs with current employer, and last two W2's. I don’t mind supplying them I have just never heard of this and think it is none of there business of my current income. I am still very apprehensive about taking the offer and losing a good thing where I am now. Although where I am now is stagnant and only be trained on the minimum but and with KMBS I will have an opportunity to broaden my horizon and future. I will take any more encouragement or negativity that you guys want to throw my way.
Thanks, Bill T.

kon
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Its better then any dealer. Lots of opportunity. and benefits.

Custom Search