PDA

View Full Version : Are konica feed tyres just rubbish in general ?

Custom Search

fishleg
02-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi, not sure if anyone else has noticed but does anyone else think that the feed tyres on the current colour machines are crap... Compared to the usual rubber sort ? They go ball extremely fast sometimes only 30k or so if they reach that they just dont seem to grip as well as rubber just wondering if people have used alternative tyres and what everyone else thinks of them. Cheers Fishy.

EarthKmTech
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
if you are talking about the current red roller range, versus the old blue/grey, they do ware slightly faster than the previous versions yes - but as always, if the customer is using crap paper or its an excessively dusty environment they will wear out very fast.

I have seen these current red rollers do 450k and only get replaced because i almost fell over looking at the feed count, my record on the old blue/grey rollers is 550k (a4) though i have heard of them going to 950k, looking like racing slicks and conical in shape with a 3 digit jam count ;)

in general 150k or more on the reds i look at them and replace the set if they are looking bald.

the blue grey i always entrust to live the full 300k.

Its my understanding the softness changed due to the ability of the newer machines to feed thick stock from all trays.

BTW, you can fit the older style rollers if your customer is only feeding plain paper...

Custom Search