PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250 consumable reset

Custom Search

Rick
02-02-2012, 10:09 PM
This is not my normal brand but a friend has one of these and is using it to create a newsmagazine and he asked me is it possible to reset the image unit counters without actually replacing them . Can I do this ? If so what is the procedure ?

jrf
02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
You can replace the chip on each image unit, this is the only way

Rick
02-03-2012, 12:01 AM
You can replace the chip on each image unit, this is the only way
Thanks I think I will just tell him to buy new ones.

ni311
02-08-2012, 12:48 PM
On a long run, you will get cheaper if you just reset the chips. Usually, the imaging units run longer than their actual 'life'. Check out my website for more info, USB / Serial Chip reset for Konica Minolta Bizhub and CF imaging units and toners - Home (http://www.chipreset.eu)

RRodgers
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
This is not my normal brand but a friend has one of these and is using it to create a newsmagazine and he asked me is it possible to reset the image unit counters without actually replacing them . Can I do this ? If so what is the procedure ?
Are you in Ontario Ca?

emujo
02-09-2012, 12:31 AM
For a single MFP, I would NOT!!! recommend resetting the chip..more than likely you will be out the cost of the chips, and/or the resetter tool, and then the cost of new IU anyway. Emujo

EarthKmTech
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Its a miracle if a c250, c352 or c450 colour imaging unit even lasts its normal life without developing some kind of defect, let alone asking for trouble by extending the life!

Thank god most of these machines have been ground down into fisher price kids toys now.

copyman
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
You should be able to get another cycle out of IU's.

The trick to chips working is to replace the chip "before" the message shows on display. I chip them with one bar left on unit unit life indicator.

ni311
02-09-2012, 02:26 PM
There are few variables you should count in, but usually, on a long run, a chip resetter will cut the costs.

Darren King
02-10-2012, 07:46 PM
perthKMTECH is correct. I have had very, very limited success in rechipping image units for C250/252. Even if you rechip them before they run out the success rate is very bad. With these models it is worth it to get new ones.
Hope this helps
Darren

mrwho
02-12-2012, 10:42 PM
You can also configure the machine not to stop when the IUs reach end-of-life. The machine will keep asking for a new IU but will keep on working.

Of course the only way of stopping the machine from asking constantly for a new IU is to either replace the IU or the chip.

And this doesn't work for fusing units and transfer belts - when the machine stops asking for one of these, you must either replace them or put in a new fuse.

Rick
02-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Are you in Ontario Ca?

Thats Ontario Canada

PeterG
02-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Its a miracle if a c250, c352 or c450 colour imaging unit even lasts its normal life without developing some kind of defect, let alone asking for trouble by extending the life!

Thank god most of these machines have been ground down into fisher price kids toys now.

Agreed with you on the c250/252 image units. Getting them to last one life is a challenge. We have had pretty good success with the C352's
and the C350/450's seem to run forever.
Now with the non stop firmware this is irrelevant. The thing that worries me is that presumably the opposition are doing the same. As copy costs keep dropping surely
we are digging our own graves, and pretty soon the whole lot of us will effectively working for nothing.
I know that the only way we can achieve the GP that my boss sets each month is by resetting or firmware.

emujo
02-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Our company has saved a huge amount of $$$ with the "PPLM" firmware, most of the IUs run well past the life stop settings and we only replace as needed..additionaly, the warehouse space, and my trunk space, have had a marked change as I don't have to haul around a set of IUs just in case. I would recommend letting your customers know of the change to KM's long time maintenance philosophy though, as many are used to us replacing items when the msg appeared. In my experiance, only my "graphics" intense customers give me any problems and most of those see the light when you explain that in any case, when CQ degrades, item(s) will be replaced. Emujo

Ianizer
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM
I used to reset C450 IUs frequently.

There's a toner shutter mod (FOC kits long gone - just order new shutters & seals and you should get new style) that helps reduce toner leakage & misting. Helps minimize premature charging comb striatum.

I typically get 2x+ OE yield.

-I

Custom Search