PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 toner motor problem

Custom Search

goldencup
02-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi I would like to ask if is there a program that I can do to make the toner motor rotate just to find out if its defective or not? [ I have remove the covers and noticed that the toner bottle (and motor) is not moving. Copy is already light, no add toner sign, and now C2557 & C255c appears on the screen.

by the way I also try removing the toner in the sub hopper, hoping it will ask for toner and make the toner motor rotate :D . Solenoids are checked and seems okay.

Thank you very much.

kingarthur
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
not too sure about that, but i did have the same problem once & it was the toner bottle holder/hopper that was faulty

goldencup
02-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have also replace toner bottle and bottle hopper, even remove the bottle hopper to see if the motor is working.

fixthecopier
02-06-2012, 12:02 PM
With the cover removed, you should be able to see the assembly and what is not moving. I have had an "e" clip on the drive for the bottle rotation come off, causing two gears not to make contact and cause only half the assembly to move. You can check the main motor and sub hopper empty switch by using the I/O check in tech rep mode. You may want to refer to the manual.

EarthKmTech
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
back in the di-2510/3510 days and ultra early b250/350's there was an issue with the bottle drive metal bracket.

One of the pins with a large gear on it with a large amount of lateral force applied to it was poorly designed at its base and easily bent over resulting in no drive to the toner bottle.

Late units and the current part number provided gives the modified unit with a redesigned base with that pin being reinforced with a large flange at the base preventing any kind of lateral movement. (unless some DH forces the toner bottle in incorrectly and slams it in there)

The bracket im talking about is U shaped sheet metal with multiple pins pressed into it, all gears and solenoid have to be swapped over from the old unit.

If you have no drive to the bottle, this would be my first suspect and you should be able to see the skewed gear from the side.

Replacement is a PITA the first time you do it, as you also need to remove the back of the machine, board cover and boord housing to access the screws.

Darren King
02-07-2012, 01:35 AM
If it is a bent bottle drive shaft I would recommend replacing the entire toner add assembly. It is a royal pain in the a$$ to replace only the bracket. Complete assembly is not expensive.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Custom Search