PDA

View Full Version : ic 207 print controller in a bizhub 421 network issues

Custom Search

brent
02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
we had it to ping once. then that was it. I installed the ic chip and set it up correctly the other day. now when I go into the admin mode and try to hit the network button. it simply will not appear. it states waiting for arp request on the top of that screen. that is it. also when I just tried to ping it said it was unreachable. plus I can not find this ip on the network when I go to the browser and enter the ip there. do I have a chip that is crap? looking for your professional opinions. thank you

Zeldaman
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi there!
Look after the firmware-version, had a similar problem, installed the firmware AGAIN, then it worked.
Greetings...

brent
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I have not had to install firmware in these machines yet. earlier color machines and stuff. I will have to check into this. it is all on the kmbs site I am sure. thanks
brent

tech51
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Ive had issues like this after CF card recovery. Try disabling the network settings, rebooting the machine, enabling the network settings and rebooting again. This may or may not work but its worth a try...

brent
02-13-2012, 07:06 PM
tec 51. how do you disable network setting. just in the admin mode? I can not access the network button in that mode to even do such. I am thinking the chip just failed. I have not updated the firmware. it was up to date last time I checked.

brent

emujo
02-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm sure the chip is not installed upside down as you would never get past the splash screen, but you may want to double check all the legs are making good contact, and you indeed have the chip in the correct slot, there is one labeled SC, one IC.

As to firmware, if this MFP has been around some time and never flashed to current levels, then you may have a mismatch between the chip and the controller. "waiting for ARP request" means the MFP is set to DHCP, but is never getting an IP address assigned. After as long as 5 min, this message should go away and your TCP/IP settings should come up with "169.X.X.X as an address. At this point you should be able to manually set your IP info to static. EMujo

brent
02-14-2012, 10:13 PM
well I was able to swap out the cf card. then the network popped back up. it did not keep the new ip number and it always zeroed it out. I had to manually disable the network. then enabled it again. now we are good. it is working. very glad for you help gents.

brent

Custom Search