PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Shaded Prints on one side

Custom Search

rahul
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
i purchased a new KM C220 couple of months back.

after using for 15000 colored copies the prints got shaded from one side .. this shade was prominently visible in halftones say 20% screen jobs. and the shades are clearly visible in all the colors.. CMYK individually

on approaching the dealer and sales rep they took 10 days for concluding that the culprit was the transfer belt unit.

today the final decision was to replace the belt unit at payable basis.
on asking the reason of the failure the technical team said there are many causes but could not convince me.

please help me by guiding that if the transfer belt is not covered under warranty (according to the sales rep) then too do i have to pay for this Premature Failure of the said part ? (they say the expected life of the belt is 1,00,000 copies but in this case the it went down in about 15,000 copies.

what should i do ? please help.

thanks in advance
rahul joneja

kingarthur
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
1st thing i'm interested to know, do you have a service contract, if not why not, without knowing what you are putting through your machine, i'd say, yes it is under warranty,the dealer gets a 9 month warranty on the equipment & consummables, unless they have done their life, this warranty starts from the day it is shipped from KM,the problem is, if they have had it in stock for say 6 months, then there is only 3 months left on the warranty that KM give them, so obviously they may be unwilling to give you a years warranty on the equipment.

The warranty states

KoincaMinolta that all parts in new machines and accessories, excluding glassware, will be free from manufacturing & material defects from the date of despatch from KonicaMinoltas premises for a period of 9 full calendar months on photocopier & mfp products

with respect to consummables

KonicaMinolta warrants that all consummables will be free from manufacturing & material defect from the date fitted to the relevant machine for period identical to that of the host period listed above, or for the duration of the relevant consummable's copy life, whichever is the shorter. The copy life of consummables is defined within the current Konica Minoltas consummables matrix.

hope this helps

Avskrap
02-10-2012, 11:56 AM
The transfer belt unit is replaced at the 300,000 page interval, along with the transfer roller. Premature failure does happen, depending on how you use the machine.

The part should be covered by Konica Minoltas warranty, which I believe is one year from the installation date. Your service provider should be able to claim the cost of the parts from KM, but the work/travel/so forth might be hard.

EDIT: kingarthur seems to be on point, my statements are from memory... Which sometimes faults, as we all know :)
I agree with his first point - Do you have a service contract, and if not; Why?

rahul
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
i had a service contract which stated that free service shall be provided till 20,000 copies or 3 months time which ever is earlier.
but i was not provided with a warranty manual or terms.

rahul
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
thanks @ kingarthur
can i find a copy of this warranty manual for c220 online ?

kingarthur
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
not unless you're an authorised tech, it's on KM's own website, a m/c like this should be on a monthly contract, which covers just about everything.

EarthKmTech
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
C220's are an entry level a3 office colour machine, not a production machine.

If it is the customers stock or if it is being used in a manner it wasnt designed for that has damaged the machine, I most certainly charge.

Its generally only dealers that over sell office machines to customers expecting production performance fom an office machine so i dont see this often (anymore)

However, if its just every day office printing on plain paper on this machine thats being done, id find it unreasonable to pay for a failed transfer belt.

Custom Search