PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Original Size Detection in C350

Custom Search

Jeff
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Please accept my apology if another thread covers this topic; I looked!

My C350 frequently cannot detect odd original sizes during scanning, when it is placed on the glass. 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17 are OK, but odd sizes are not.

My problem is probably ignorance-based, so please educate me:

a) Can C350 detect odd sizes on the glass?

b) The manual refers to an optional detector for original size - what's that? In Tech Rep mode, I used the sensor cal routine. All boxes say "OK", but a message says optional sensor is unset.

c) What does the optional sensor offer?

Thanks - this forum always solves my issues!

Jeff

mrwho
02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
a) Can C350 detect odd sizes on the glass?

If by "odd sizes" you mean non-standard sizes, then no, the machine cannot detect them. You must specify the width and length of the original somewhere on the original settings (can't point you to the exact place as I don't have one of those nearby).

b) The manual refers to an optional detector for original size - what's that? In Tech Rep mode, I used the sensor cal routine. All boxes say "OK", but a message says optional sensor is unset.

c) What does the optional sensor offer?

That optional sensor, if I remember correctly, is meant for a specific marketing area (don't know which one - either the US, EU or Asia) in order to allow the machine to detect a specific paper size widely used in that marketing area.

Thanks - this forum always solves my issues!

You're welcome. Best way to thank is to help others when you're able to.

Cheers!

Jeff
02-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks, Mr. Who. I guess that means I can relax becuase everything is working as it should. It's not a big inconvenience, and at least I know. Yes, I know the detectors are boundary detectors, so it makes sense that the optional unit adds one more size to the machine.

Jeff

Custom Search